Author Topic: Point of Presets?  (Read 1568 times)

Crocodile

Point of Presets?
« on: February 20, 2012, 12:43:43 am »
I'm not sure if this is in the right board, but:

What's the point of presets?

I just finished making a 5 minute preset today, but nevertheless, I was proud of it. So I went to the Cape, and asked everyone if they liked my preset. Someone said: We can't see your preset.

So I found out only the possessor of the files can see your preset, so I must ask,

What's the point of making presets if only you can see them?

Offline Silhouette

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
Re: Point of Presets?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 12:46:13 am »
Others CAN see it, if you export it and upload the file so that others can download it. Thats the point to making presets, so the friends /you send the file to/ can see it. :)

Offline Windance

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Om nom om om
    • View Profile
    • My Preset Thread
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 01:04:32 am »
     As Silhouette said, if you make your preset downloadable, people that download it can see it. It is a great way to make custom characters that don't have the same markings as the ones given in the character creator, and to make original characters. It is also a fun way to test your artistic skills, and stand out from the crowd.
     Many people also like to download other people's presets so they can see them in the game. It's fun to be walking around and suddenly see something unique. It also can get you recognition from other preset artists if you have done a really good job on it.

Crocodile

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 02:45:10 am »
Ok, thanks!

I would upload my presets, but I haven't a clue as to how to make them downloadable.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 05:53:04 am »
It would be good if people could see your presets without downloading, that would be awesome though im unsure on how that would work. Im pretty sure in IW and IT you can see other peoples presets without downloading.
Will be inactive due to work and exams.