Author Topic: FH Crashes whenever I open it.  (Read 2376 times)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: FH Crashes whenever I open it.
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 03:01:21 pm »
Not likely,  more likely the map had files that were not installed properly into your game, or possibly even causing it to crash plain of.

Remove FH and everything inside the "C:\FeralHeart" folder, then install the game again and it should work, otherwise it's your settings and preferences causing the game to crash.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Brookfall

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • I <3 The Hunger Games! Learning how to use a Bow!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 04:21:21 pm »
Okay, thank you Red, I finally see things that are obvious in retrospect.  I'll try to redownload the map one last time, and if that doesn't work.. I'll back up my files and redownload FeralHeart.  Problem solved for right now, I guess.

About the size of the map.. we're talking 183 MB big.  One of my biggest map downloads ever. O-O

Edit: Ugh!  I checked the ogre again and it keeps changing itself to OpenGL Rendering Subsystem!  Oh well, since every other map I have works except for this one, I'm redownloading it now..

Another Edit:  Redownloaded the file and it's still not working.  I guess I have no choice but to redownload FH.   I'll back up my files to another folder, but it's going to be a pain moving all my maps and presets.  Screenshots alone will be a challenge o3o

Yet Another Edit:  Okay.  Backed up all of my important files.  Time to uninstall and reinstall.

Final Edit: Okay Red.  I did what you asked.  It actually says Direc3D9 Rendering SubSystem.  I added all my files back.   Yet it says that FeralHeart is not responding whenever I try going back to that individual map, and it closes anyway.  I get the feeling that it's my preferences.. let me attempt to fix it.

IT WORKS *-* THANK YOU

The Saga comes to a gripping end..

All I had to do was reinstall FeralHeart and redownload the file.  A little laggy but it works either way.  Thank you Jayfeather55 and Red
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 10:26:58 pm by Brook »

Please Click on Calypso!^-^

Offline Dragon22

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 04:30:31 am »
I don't think there were any _01 files, and I changed the rendering system like you said. But the popup window thing didn't have Direc3D9, only the OpenGL (?) one. It still crashes...

Offline Dragon22

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 04:33:16 am »
I don't think there were any _01 files, and I changed the rendering system like you said. But the popup window thing didn't have Direc3D9, only the OpenGL (?) one. It still crashes...

It posted that twice and I don't know where the delete button is. xD

Edit:: I found a PNG image that has _0 at the end, do I delete that?

Double Edit:: Ok, I just uninstalled my FH completely, including the folder. I needed to get rid of some of my maps anyway, and now it works! Thank you for your help!!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 03:59:16 am by Dragon22 »