Author Topic: Which files do i include for my map?  (Read 1115 times)

-Transmit

Which files do i include for my map?
« on: February 23, 2012, 02:59:56 pm »
Well...  So here is my problem,
I made a map WITH animal meshes.
But now i need to know which files i need to include in the zip package
Ive exported the map and these are the files that came out:

Default.fho
Miscellaneous.fho
MyPlants.fho
MyRocks.fho
MyTrees.fho
and
mapnamehere.fhm

do i only need to upload the mapnamehere.fhm file of others?

ive already tried this: http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=141.0
But it didnt get my any further.

Sorry for my bad grammar im dutch  :-X

Thanks for helping ~

Offline CloudFeesh

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • View Profile
Re: Which files do i include for my map?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 03:08:29 pm »
Alright, so you do have the animal meshes placed into your map? There should be an alternative file for these. Like Animals.fho or something, that is exported.
The easiest way to explain this is;
Make sure that the animal meshes are NOT grouped in with any of the default groups in Map Maker, like the MyRocks, MyTrees, Miscellaneous, etc. They need their own group.

Once you've exported the map, go into your exports folder and select ALL the files that the Map Maker produced, and copy them into the folder you are wanting to zip. That includes all object, sky, weather, map, etc.

-Transmit

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 03:10:18 pm »
Alright, so you do have the animal meshes placed into your map? There should be an alternative file for these. Like Animals.fho or something, that is exported.
The easiest way to explain this is;
Make sure that the animal meshes are NOT grouped in with any of the default groups in Map Maker, like the MyRocks, MyTrees, Miscellaneous, etc. They need their own group.

Once you've exported the map, go into your exports folder and select ALL the files that the Map Maker produced, and copy them into the folder you are wanting to zip. That includes all object, sky, weather, map, etc.

Thank you so much for your help :) im going to try

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 03:10:34 pm »
For the current FH map exporting.

To be on the safe side, you need to send all those mentioned by you in order for those downloading the map to see everything properly, also keep in mind that if you use custom objects, you should include the group in which they belong to as well.

Most members that make their own custom maps do the wise call of putting custom objects into their own object group. Example for this could be "RedsObjects.fho". This way it will not overwrite the standard groups. One of the worst calls you can do as a new map maker is that you put your own made objects into the standard groups, Default, miscellaneous, myplants, myrocks, mytees. Since they are the ones everyone gets from the start in the game, it could ruin other custom maps and maybe even the ingame standard ones if you edit it around.

But back on the point.

If you send all of those and the map maker replaces them with their own, you can ensure that everything will be displayed correctly for them in your map. But you should really just need to send them your .fhm file if you made it out of the ingame objects an the standard groups.

The object groups are only really for making our own objects and placing them into maps.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

-Transmit

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 03:17:07 pm »
For the current FH map exporting.

To be on the safe side, you need to send all those mentioned by you in order for those downloading the map to see everything properly, also keep in mind that if you use custom objects, you should include the group in which they belong to as well.

Most members that make their own custom maps do the wise call of putting custom objects into their own object group. Example for this could be "RedsObjects.fho". This way it will not overwrite the standard groups. One of the worst calls you can do as a new map maker is that you put your own made objects into the standard groups, Default, miscellaneous, myplants, myrocks, mytees. Since they are the ones everyone gets from the start in the game, it could ruin other custom maps and maybe even the ingame standard ones if you edit it around.

But back on the point.

If you send all of those and the map maker replaces them with their own, you can ensure that everything will be displayed correctly for them in your map. But you should really just need to send them your .fhm file if you made it out of the ingame objects an the standard groups.

The object groups are only really for making our own objects and placing them into maps.

Alright thanks for your help :)