Author Topic: Map issues: weather  (Read 1224 times)

Offline FireRonin

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
Map issues: weather
« on: February 23, 2012, 03:57:20 pm »
Hey there. I have made a map pack for my pack. It has 7 maps connected together and most of them contained a sandstorm weather file. Well everytime someone tried to come into the map, it completely crashed their game. It works fine for me, but im not understanding why it is causing them to crash. I know for a fact THAT the sandstorm is whats causing it. I have since, made them remove the FHW files and re-exported with a different weather and it works fine. I also even tried sending them all the specific files from my computer that has everything from the weather.material, weather.particle, and the png's for the sandstorm and it still crashes them. Id like to know how my members can see this weather, so we can veiw our maps correctly. Any suggestions?  ALSO: when i say it crashes their game: The go to enter my maps and it stops and says : Feralheart.exe has stopped working, we are searching for a solution.

Offline CloudFeesh

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • View Profile
Re: Map issues: weather
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 04:41:42 pm »
This happened in one of my maps and I couldn't figure out what to do. So I went and tried remaking the weather. My problem was that I hadn't included the cycle and it's duriation. Make sure you have completely edited the weather in sky-maker.

Offline FireRonin

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Map issues: weather
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 08:39:17 pm »
I have figured it out. The problem is solved. I had everything completed. The Sandstorm is slightly touchy as it is and I had the emissions set to high~