Author Topic: Terrain crashes the game  (Read 1213 times)

Offline ScottyLeon

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Terrain crashes the game
« on: February 26, 2012, 12:20:13 am »
I wanted to learn how to make maps, so I went on youtube and searched for a vid that shows how to make height maps. So, I followed every step made in the video. I went to the map maker and wrote the terrain mask name on Terrain Alpha Map; everything worked fine. Then I tried to write the terrain name on Terrain Height Map; my game crashed. What could've possibly went wrong?
-Yes, the terrain is all gray, white and black, no other colors. It's in grayscale.
-Yes, the terrain is 513 x 513.
-Yes, the terrain is saved in terrains folder.

Offline Deviedra

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Await the night
    • View Profile
Re: Terrain crashes the game
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 01:46:40 am »
If you check the 1000s of boards about this exact kind of thing, there really is no way to fix it other than to redraw the map or design a new one or change any white shades you've used to a darker one if you've already double checked that it's grayscale, 513x513 and in the terrains folder. If you made it in Gimp, when you select "New" under the file option, go to advanced settings and set it to grayscale from there instead of changing it when you've already set up the layer. Ignore this if you already tried it or did it in the first place or did not make the map in Gimp, and just re-draw or re-design the map.
----------------p????--------------------

Offline ScottyLeon

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 08:32:34 am »
If you check the 1000s of boards about this exact kind of thing, there really is no way to fix it other than to redraw the map or design a new one or change any white shades you've used to a darker one if you've already double checked that it's grayscale, 513x513 and in the terrains folder. If you made it in Gimp, when you select "New" under the file option, go to advanced settings and set it to grayscale from there instead of changing it when you've already set up the layer. Ignore this if you already tried it or did it in the first place or did not make the map in Gimp, and just re-draw or re-design the map.

I tried redrawing it, I made it A LOT simplier than the first one, the game keeps crashing. Thanks for answering by the way, seems like people go around my topic... D:

~Falconflight~

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 03:03:03 pm »

I tried redrawing it, I made it A LOT simplier than the first one, the game keeps crashing. Thanks for answering by the way, seems like people go around my topic... D:

Lol a lot of people don't know the solution to this problem, it's not that we go around it. I'm still trying to find a thread that will help. ;)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 03:05:31 pm by ~Falconflight~ »

Offline ScottyLeon

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 11:23:01 am »

Lol a lot of people don't know the solution to this problem, it's not that we go around it. I'm still trying to find a thread that will help. ;)

I figured it out! I just changed it from png to jpg and it started working. :) Thanks for help everyone!