Author Topic: I've noticed something...  (Read 1860 times)

theorca55

I've noticed something...
« on: February 27, 2012, 08:33:40 pm »
Has anyone noticed it's been months since the last update for FH was released? My guesses are:

Kovu...
-is busy working on something big
-is dealing with things in life
-may be on vacation (I doubt it, though.)

Any other guesses?

Offline EvilSock

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
    • View Profile
Re: I've noticed something...
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 08:42:06 pm »
I've heard he's busy with a game on facebook, but it's been awhile now. Patches don't always come monthly, maybe he's taking his time to fix all the current errors and glitches before updating the game again? These things do take time, and usually if it's that way, it usually turns out better than if it's rushed.

Offline Windance

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Om nom om om
    • View Profile
    • My Preset Thread
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 11:28:36 pm »
From what I've heard, he's busy schmoozing on Facebook and isn't too concerned about this game anymore. I'd say apathy is the culprit in this case.

CloudFish

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 03:18:53 pm »
It's been two months since the last patch. Which, was a very big patch, bringing about wings, fixing the group glitch, allegedly, and a number of other small things. Also with the newer default maps.

Like Sock said, not a monthly thing.

Like Windance said, Facebook, apathy. etc.

Point: What are you looking for in the new patch? Glitch error fixes? That is my only concern, fixing what's still not working. Making the game easier to handle the player amount with the server.

Those things take time; so allowing it's a one man-staff, as 'eager' as he is to work on it, give it a bit. Until he's announced he's not at all working on it, assume he is.

Offline Crin

• The Silver-Tongue
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 113
  • The Illuminati Pedro Hat
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 03:23:07 pm »
And yet another add on:

The last patch was released Christmas Eve. That was our Christmas present.

And then there is hunting. I don't feel like searching through the news archives, but I believe that... October? November? Something like that, in 2011, there was the official ruling on the bringing about of hunting. So between whatever may or may not be going on with Facebook or however rare/common patches are, you have to keep in mind that this game has not been so easily forgotten.
Resigned, quit, and basically long gone.

P R I D E <3

Offline meowool

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 08:03:46 pm »
Remember, The patches before all the ones in December, where all in July or something like that. I don't expect the patches, so when they some, it's a nice suprise! XD

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 04:45:54 am »
I wonder how long it must take to mesh all the prey, texture it, animate it, program a interesting system to hunt it, create maps to put them on, beta test it, implement it into the map maker, and all the like. Seeing as it takes me an upwards of a month to make a decent map...

I'd say be patient, it's a lot of work and I didn't even cover all that is needed to get this working!

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 12:02:08 am »
Doing all of those things on your own and in a way where it won't crash every computer in existence, it would take patience, and a long time. Though, individual aspects wouldn't take certain aspects as long if the person is skilled enough.

I've said something similar to this before: it all depends on the skill of the person, as well as the dedication they have to the project. Give me enough reference photos: some of side profiles, some of skeletons, at several different angles, and I can make just about anything in less than a week if I really wanted to do it.  

It takes a lot of patience to actually make a model, animate it, and program it into a game with features. I'm not surprised Kov's gone all "apathetic" about it here, with all the freaking drama this game has had (and probably still does, I know I don't go on anymore). I used to have a ton of models just rotting away in my computer (many of them unfinished projects), that I got tired of doing or lost interest and decided to get rid of because I didn't feel it was worth the time.

Whether Kov makes the patches 'avidly' (if that word has the definition I think it has, of course) or 'grudgingly' doesn't matter though, at least in my opinion. As long as he makes some sort of showing that he's AWARE of the game, be it long-taking, I don't really care. It at least shows that he knows we're still here. XD

Personally though, I think it's his apathy. If I were in charge of a game, I'd at least TRY to talk to the people, whether I still took interest in the game or not, but that's just me. Either that or it's my utter hatred for FB (I've never liked social websites like that, really, as talkative as I am on forums).
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 12:06:39 am by Shusuke »

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 05:56:52 am »
I actually find this thread slightly out of place here and I'm not sure it will help in any way. There's things that will always be going on behind the scenes and situations might not seem the same way when looked from another direction or eyes.

I have no disagreement at all when it comes to at least trying talking to the users or possibly those actually trying to take care of the community since it is needed, it should not be a one way road up the slope with a just a hope of changes.

Though kov might be up to other things really, and they have all the rights in the world to be free to do as they like, it's their choice, but it wouldn't kill anyone if some extra time was put down into the game. There's only one guy that can edit/change the actual game and update it, and it's kov. and for those that have been around for a while probably remember the time before the december patch and what happened around here and in game.

These 2 months is not that bad since as mentioned, the game went without a patch for about half a year before. The December patch was a great step in the right direction actually addressing issues that had been laying around since the launch. I am the most happy for these fixes and I actually felt like pleas were answered.

In the end it's kov that decides if the game gets a patch or not, we can just suggest and try to improve from our directions and areas we are able to help in making it easier to actually work on the game, and even though kov is the game creator. we all really share this place as our home, and many users put effort and tons of time into making this very game and community a better place.

Question is though, would kov really want us to discuss on these boards about what he does in his life right now? Might be a reason for him not posting such things himself here. What would such of a discussion bring us in the open board? We would just pull strings not leading anywhere particularly.

This makes me slightly uncertain of this thread,
(sorry for potential derp writing, lil tiwed)
Former community manager of FeralHeart