Author Topic: FH Continues to Quit on me~LockPlease  (Read 1952 times)

Offline Ouuka

• Ramine's Nuudel
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Burp
    • Blue-Rakuen
    • SliferBeau
    • View Profile
    • Blue-Rakuen DA
FH Continues to Quit on me~LockPlease
« on: February 28, 2012, 06:42:39 am »
Dun think there is a solution to Fix it, since i haven't done anything to the game to make it act this way XD. The game likes to randomly Quit on me lately. Last two days actually. Yesterday it kicked me off close to 20 times. Why did u continue to log back in? Because i have a group to take care of. Today its doing it again, it doesn't say FH has stopped working, it just says that FH had to close and that its scanning to see if it can find a solution and it never does. There's no error things that pop etc, just the one that says it had to close. Now it happens in a pattern i notice. It starts off by just randomly shutting down, i log back on and im glitched in the map ( i am walking on the top of the map unable to fall etc) few mins like that and it shuts down again. I log back on it auto kicks me off, i log on again and then its sometimes fine. It only happens to my one char, id like to prevent from having to delete this char since it is very important towards my group, while all my other chars work fine(go figures eh)

Just wanted to post this to see if anyone else has this problem~
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 04:48:23 pm by Ouka/Hanzo »

Offline Crin

• The Silver-Tongue
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 113
  • The Illuminati Pedro Hat
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: FH Continues to Quit on me
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 06:46:49 am »
From what I've heard... when a char has this certain glitch, there is no fix to it. Of course, someone may have found a way to fix it, but I'm not sure...
Resigned, quit, and basically long gone.

P R I D E <3

Offline Ouuka

• Ramine's Nuudel
  • Community Champion
  • Burp
    • Blue-Rakuen
    • SliferBeau
    • View Profile
    • Blue-Rakuen DA
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 06:48:54 am »
Aye, i was hoping so, its somewhat annyoing. But thanks crin <3

Offline CloudFeesh

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 03:05:35 pm »
The Feral Heart server enjoys kicking people off, it seems. But this problem, this character glitch you refer to, is easily solved by switching characters for a few minutes in a different map, and then  going back to the one that kicked you off. This usually fixes the problem, for myself and some of my friends, at least.

Offline BlazeTheLioness

• Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • BlazeTheLioness
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 03:26:34 pm »
Nothing solves, really. by what I heard, when Kov works on a map, it goes offline and everyone that attempts to go in gets kicked. you got to wait a few minutes and/or switch characters temporairly

Offline Crin

• The Silver-Tongue
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 113
  • The Illuminati Pedro Hat
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 03:35:58 pm »
What Ouka is describing is what as commonly known as the "flying glitch", I think. It's not a matter of losing connection from a map or suffering from a server restart, nor is it from Kovu working on the maps. I'm trying to find more information on it, but it all ends the same way: in the deletion of the character. Perhaps someone more tech savvy than myself such as Red could be of more help, but I'm not even sure if there is any true way to fix this...

Of course, it may just be overuse of the charrie. If you use the char frequently, then there is always the chance of it glitching out.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 03:46:43 pm by Crin »
Resigned, quit, and basically long gone.

P R I D E <3

CloudFish

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 03:38:14 pm »
Incorrect, it is not Kov working on the map that gets people stuck or kicked, it's a server problem. Like I said, it is solvable, by switching characters or waiting it out. It is never permanent. And it is next to always, a server issue.

I've had this glitch before, and like I've said, it fixes it self out. If you use the character for a lengthy amount of time, it ends up glitching, however, switching from it for a while, usually fixes the problem, as long as the server isn't acting up.

Offline BlazeTheLioness

• Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • BlazeTheLioness
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 11:04:18 pm »
Incorrect, it is not Kov working on the map that gets people stuck or kicked, it's a server problem. Like I said, it is solvable, by switching characters or waiting it out. It is never permanent. And it is next to always, a server issue.

I've had this glitch before, and like I've said, it fixes it self out. If you use the character for a lengthy amount of time, it ends up glitching, however, switching from it for a while, usually fixes the problem, as long as the server isn't acting up.

Well, i didn't say this was right, i said that is what I HEARD. I am still not sure though

Offline Ouuka

• Ramine's Nuudel
  • Community Champion
  • Burp
    • Blue-Rakuen
    • SliferBeau
    • View Profile
    • Blue-Rakuen DA
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 06:41:16 am »
Actually Guys, Crin is the correct one. It is Not due to server lag/members/kovu/or using my char alot. It is more of a glitch on the character itself. Switching characters etc does not fix the solution, because logging on even the next day continues with same results. Not to mention its only started recently and has never happened before. Im glad to hear abunch of suggestions though so thank you all for your input. I myself as well anyone is welcomed to (like crin said red/kovu/anyone who wants to) i will be researching up on this. I find it rather fun to fix things and learn things about bugs and problems, I will post back if i find a solution.

Ouka~

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 11:29:32 am »
Even though I lazily read through the the later replies, I will add to this thread about some things already mentioned and some who weren't so don't do this "hurrmurr I knew this already.".

The windows looking for a solution is pretty much the same thing as when it tells you it stopped working, the difference is that it uselessly tries to recover from the crash. When it comes to the crashing, after crashing(characters running through ground and objects) it's fairly normal, and to be honest I think it has been in the game since the very launch back in January.

As pointed out in threads in the past, and as someone else pointed out here in this thread now, it's the character itself that is the issue. If you crash in the game(inside a map and not when loading it) and try to log back on close to instantly on the very same character you crashed on, you can get pretty much 3 odd things happening to you.

1. It crashes directly again without any warning forcing you to shut down the game
2. It lets you on the game but the character runs through collisions and heightmap, but ends up with a crash shortly after.
3. It lets you on, but the game places you at your old coordinates within a map in which you could've had an earlier session.

Keep in mind that the list above happens in order depending on when you try to log back on the crashed character. Log back on instantly and it crashes again, wait some and it might run through heightmap and objects before crashing, wait some more and it might get placed on an old coordinate, and if you wait a few mins it works fine again.

From anothers perspective, when you crash, the character is still on the server, it stands, sits or whatever it is you were doing before you crashed, and as you wait a few mins, the connection times out for this and the character dissappears, that's about the time when you can join again without any repetitive issues.

All this I know very well, however when it comes to the last part now I'm not certain, but my guesses are the server still recognizes the old char connected as you try to log on the exact same account, exact same character, this causes a conflict and both the game and connection fails not able to deal with the situation. You can even log back on with another char and see how your character is there.

And that is about the repetitive "odd" crashes. However though, when it comes to the initial crashes I'm not really sure. All I know is that a common crash that happens for no reason for many users is when they press a letter or symbol that does not exist on the english keyboard layout, this causes an instant crash for anyone since the last patches for FH, and it has the exact same effect on the chars as mentioned above. If possible try to see if the "writing in chats" has anything to do with the crashes. Otherwise it could be something more tricky with your game or your computer.
Former community manager of FeralHeart