Author Topic: Some feedback  (Read 10370 times)

Offline KanuTGL

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • And look at me - I'm wearing a vegetable
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt gallery
Some feedback
« on: February 05, 2011, 12:46:55 pm »
Yes :P

I have a few technical critiques, if anyone cares to hear them.

- My first and foremost issue is that you can't see the gates/portals on the minimap. It's very frustrating if you're trying to get to a specific map and you don't know the lay of the lands, so to speak ;_; I spent over 15 minutes yesterday just running around looking for a certain gate and that gets old very quickly. On IT you could see portals on the mini maps, which was a very neat feature, so this feels like a downgrade on that matter. Sure, it's cooler perhaps to actually know your way around without having to use the minimap, but what then is the minimap for? Wasn't that the reason why one was put in IT in the first place? xP

- Similar thing, you can't see other players that aren't on your Friends list on the mini map any more either. This is also a bit of a shame, since then you don't know where the other people are. It could also help for people with lagging issues to know where a crowd is so that they can avoid them if they want.

- A minor thing, but it's bugging me slightly anyway; pressing Tab won't hide Chat window and name tags any more. I'd like at least some shortcut to hiding name tags, as I usually don't want to see them on my screenshots and, by the time I've pressed Esc, gone on Options and looked up and clicked the "Show name tags" box, the screenshot opprtunity might be gone xP A way to hide the menu buttons at the bottom would be neat as well, for screenshot purposes.

- It also strikes me how small Bonfire Island is. I always get lots of lagging there, because so many players are gathered in such a, relatively, small area, and it's a little troublesome to have that be the starting map. I would like to suggest a larger default map?

And I think those were the major ones. Just little things, but they bug me D= Otherwise, of course, nice work, staffers! C:

Also no mean comments, please; this is the Opinions board and these are my opinions.

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
Re: Some feedback
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 12:55:35 pm »
I think there should be at least a little arrow showing where the next portal is, since the next Maps you can download for the Game iwll sometimes be REALLY giant. I agree on that, its hard to find them.

For the Minnimap Thing. This is because in IT it was possible to find ppl too easy. So only Group-Members and Friends are shown on there.

For the Chat, you can hide it by clicking the litle Star and Name Tags you can switch off in the Options.

Kov has made Bonfire small because.. he seriously hoped that players wount stay there LOL. Thats why in the Tunnel is a Waterfall which you cant climb back up.

Offline KanuTGL

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt gallery
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 01:24:22 pm »
Quote from: Tigg
For the Minnimap Thing. This is because in IT it was possible to find ppl too easy. So only Group-Members and Friends are shown on there.
Ah, I see. That makes sense *nods*

For the Chat, you can hide it by clicking the litle Star and Name Tags you can switch off in the Options.
Yes, I know, what I meant was that I think doing that takes too long :P And it's just a little thing, surely, but for me it adds an extra hassle to taking screenshots the way I want them, where in IT it worked wonderfully.

Kov has made Bonfire small because.. he seriously hoped that players wount stay there LOL. Thats why in the Tunnel is a Waterfall which you cant climb back up.
Aha :P So far it doesn't seem to work that well, so if it stays like this maybe he'll have to rethink it xP

Offline kahara

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Assassin
    • View Profile
    • Impressive Hearts
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 03:40:32 pm »
I basically agree with everything you said, Kanu. xDD I, for one, have a lot of lag in Bonfire Island. Everyone does seem to, for some reason, cluster there. Mainly, I think, because the can't find the portal. Which was also mentioned. I myself couldn't find the portal at all, I had to ask a friend about it, THEN I saw it. ;/

Also, I loved being able to tab the chat and stuff close. xD

So yeah.. agree plz :'D
Nuzzle me if you agree with me!
Bite me if you love me. (;

Offline KanuTGL

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt gallery
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 02:07:48 pm »
Hehe, good to see that someone agrees xD

And oh, yeah, one more little detail that I don't know if it's been mentioned before - the "pitbull ears".

Those are actually not pitbull ears, they are cropped ears. A pitbull's normal ears look like this: http://pitbull.vacau.com/web_images/pitbulldog.jpg

And because, yes, I am picky about details or this thread wouldn't be here =P I would like them renamed to "cropped ears", as that would be the correct name for them.

TealSkeletore

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 11:40:47 pm »
Hmm I dunno about the portals being shown on the minimap. I kind of like memorizing where they all are, it makes it a bit more fun. Same thing with people shown on the minimap.

And I agree with you on the pitbull ears too. I was pretty disgruntled when I saw that they were wrong too. My friend Kuma who is a bit of a dog freak told me all about cropped ears and stuff. xD

12dollars

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 03:05:09 am »
The mini map and tab name tag idea sounds great, thats always made IT a lot easier to play. I always found it hard to get good screenshots with it on, but if its turned off its hard to find people

hyenachow

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 07:27:42 am »
As Skeletore said it is fun to find stuff rather than it be told but perhaps an option have the dots for friends and portals on and off, it took me a while to find the portals at first so the option of finding them as a newer player then turning them off when you get comfortable with it is nice.

TealSkeletore

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 07:43:33 am »
Oh just a note - if you look around you can actually see the portals from a distance as a small glowing speck if there is nothing like a hill in the way. I really like that.

Offline Nala_91

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
  • Your Local FH Furry Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2011, 04:29:45 pm »
You can use the tab button from the newest update to hide the chat box.
FH Texture Artist