Author Topic: Map Maker Crashes Because of One Map  (Read 756 times)

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Map Maker Crashes Because of One Map
« on: March 08, 2012, 01:41:26 pm »
Well i made this map and everything was working fine. I used a lot of downloaded objects by the way. I dont why this happens but i have experienced this problem before. The computer screen freezes and a few seconds i get this blue screen error, its not a FH error but an actual computer error. So as usual the computer would restart itself afterwards and i can continue whatever i was doing previously.

Ok so i go onto FH but it crashes so i re-install whilst moving my maps, objects ect onto the desktop. FH opened afterwards and i was able to continue but turns out now Map Maker is crashing. I go onto that map folder and check for anything wrong. I decide to move it out of the FH folder to see if it makes a difference and it does, Map Maker now works perfectly.

I think ill just skip to my problem now.

I moved the [MAPSNAME]Objects.cfg file onto desktop and Map Maker worked and my map was working but was missing the objects. Is there any way i still use that .cfg file or do i have to place all the objects back to where they were before?
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

CloudFish

Re: Map Maker Crashes Because of One Map
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 03:43:32 pm »
In my experience, this usually occurs when you're using, like you said you are, a lot of custom meshes. Your computer isn't able to hold all of these, thus getting the blue screen error.

There is an object you've placed that created this problem, thus keeping the .cfg file will continue to keep your map crashing. I had to completely replace my objects because I couldn't find a way to fix it, but maybe someone does know how to fix this.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Re: Map Maker Crashes Because of One Map
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 06:34:40 am »
Well i restarted my map and everything seems to be going fine. My previous .cfg file is on my desktop in case i could still use it. Now i have gotten further into my map so i dont need that file anymore.

I had a few windows open at the time that could be a reason why perhaps?

Anyway if anyone knows how to fix this i would be greatly appreciated. Ill know for next time :)
Will be inactive due to work and exams.