Author Topic: NPC's On feral heart?  (Read 1734 times)

Offline MFP07

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • I will do my best to help (:
    • View Profile
    • My youtube :D
NPC's On feral heart?
« on: March 11, 2012, 10:46:40 pm »
I was exploring Feral Heart having a blast as usual and It came across my mind thinking,"What if this game had non player computers?" Well it took a lot of pondering for an actual rational solution but here is what I thought up.

Well lets say they were to add NPC's.
You might ask "Well its a waste of mesh and it will be very time consuming to create a new one."

Well my answer to that is, well they don't have to make a total new mesh for say a common NPC you might find in the game, they can just take an existing mesh and edit it a bit or don't edit it at all!

"What will be the point of the NPC's? What will they do?"

Well they don't have to be very important they could just sit on the side and maybe when you click a lion NPC for example they might say little petty things like,"Did you know that zebras are hard to hunt when they are in packs?" or a zebra NPC might say "Did you see a lion around here?"
The NPC's could be programed to walk the same path or just sit lay down or be "dead"

"Will NPC's affect gameplay?"

Well since this a Role Playing game i dont think the NPC's should have very important qualities unless desired. They don't have to be super important but they will make the game more interesting.

"What kind of actions might the NPC's have?"

They don't have to do much! Just either walk around, sit, be dead, fly ect.

"If they were to make it what kind of NPC's should they start with?"

Well they should just start with wolfs and lions things that already exist so it is not time consuming.

Well that is my lil argument! Any ideas or disagreements? ^_^

I will remain kind I promise.

Offline Tearless

• The strange artist about whom your mother warned you...
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 81
  • Weird Absentee Uncle
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
Re: NPC's On feral heart?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 05:46:08 am »
I remember hearing something back when FH was still in production about NPCs hanging around with quests (or something similar to that, not sure, it was a while ago), but I don't think there's been any talk of it since. I'd imagine the idea was scrapped, but you never know. We did end up getting wings and prey.

Personally I'm not overly fond of the idea, but at this point I'm willing to give any changes a chance. Could be cool.

Offline wlofjaw

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 12:07:05 am »
what if the npc's were mostly in bon fire giving little tutorials to new players of basic controls? i remember when i first started playing i was thrown through i loop a bit with the basics.

posibly have them hang out in the cape so that each player can personally *though this would probally be more difficult?* click on them to ask them to remember what portals lead to what roleplay or custom maps, rather than relying on the names of the portals becuase sometimes that gets slightly hectic @_@ idk just feeding the idea a bit.

i think as long as they were toggleble(sp?) on/off for every player they wouldnt get in the way of gameplay seeing as people without maps roleplay generally everywere im sure it would bother some to find an NPC suddenly hanging out in their rp spot if they couldnt toggle them off their personal screen, along with that could have it so characters speaking with a toggled off npc were also invisible?

like i said just feeding the topic. i wouldnt mind a few NPCs around. would certainly make it slightly more amusing to attempt to find them all in spare time.

Offline MFP07

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • I will do my best to help (:
    • View Profile
    • My youtube :D
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 12:11:34 am »
Hmm sounds good to disable NPC's at your will c:

I will remain kind I promise.