Author Topic: How to re-texture objects...  (Read 1186 times)

Offline evelynn

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • ^v^ Keep a Happy face, adopt a SMILEY! ^v^
    • View Profile
How to re-texture objects...
« on: March 15, 2012, 09:10:19 pm »
I am attempting to re-texture Glave's houses to look more modern for an RP I'm doing, does any one know what I need to do it how to do it and where to start? I have the textures I need. I want to know what programs I need to do it, how to do it, and if necessary how to mess with particle/object files....

Pet's name: Lillina
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Come back horsie!!!

Offline Petalthorn

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: How to re-texture objects...
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 09:20:58 pm »
If you have the texture that you want set as a MATERIAL file, and it is in "my objects" folder, you can go into the game and into "Object Maker". Load the house, and then go to the second tab. One bar should be labeled Material. Then you can plug in the material you want.

It usually works like this...

rockMat5
WaterMat
FXMat/Bark

If you don't know what yours is, open it on notepad, and it should tell you.

That's basically everything you need to mess with objects.

Particles...they're tricky. Don't EVER let particle files out of the folder you find them in. EVER. Or else, FH will refuse to play.

I'm not sure how to create new particles, but I know if you edit a picture, you can change how the weather or star aura looks and so forth. You can even make star aura a weather if yo really want to.

If you need anything else, let me know. :D

Offline Ouuka

• Ramine's Nuudel
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Burp
    • Blue-Rakuen
    • SliferBeau
    • View Profile
    • Blue-Rakuen DA
Re: How to re-texture objects...
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 04:51:45 am »
This also helps this tutorial, its more for rock textures but can be used towards other textures.

https://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=15562.0%20newwindow