Author Topic: Moving maps from computer?  (Read 1213 times)

Offline Zayshire

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Moving maps from computer?
« on: March 22, 2012, 05:20:03 pm »
So I created a map on my friends computer and worked a good 2 hours on it, but on my main computer it does not have it. Is there a way to email or send my map from computer 1 to computer 2? (If it helps I have a Mac computer) Thank you.

Offline heartsgirl99

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
    • View Profile
Re: Moving maps from computer?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 05:49:11 pm »
You will need to download the map by uploading it to mediafire.

If you get confused:

1. Ask you friend if she/he can upload themap to mediafire. If not then upload the map.

2. After you/your friend uploaded tha map, press the link to download it and press download.

3. After you downloaded it, then put everything in the right files/folders (make sure it's somewhere inside feralheart folder)

I don't think you can create the map that you made on your friend's computer onto your computer.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 05:51:51 pm by Stephen99 »
Signature by Green

Offline Zayshire

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 06:02:53 pm »
Alright I tried but it says 'unable to load Terrain.cfg.' What do I do from here?

Offline Zayshire

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 06:09:33 pm »
Oops I saved it under the wrong thing. Sorry.

Offline heartsgirl99

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 06:23:33 pm »
Here, try following this and we if this works:

How to upload a map that YOU made, so other people can download it and explore it

Before you even start, make sure to press the 'export' button in mapmaker.

First, you must have a program called WinRar. This is a free and safe program, and you can download it Here

Secondly go to My Computer > Local Disk (C:) > FeralHeart > Exports

In this folder, there will be files. The game has told you what it exported when you hit export. It definitely exported a '.fhm' file and one or a few '.fho' files, and possibly a '.fhs' and '.fhw' file. The '.fhm' file is the map info itself. The .fho is the objects files and info, the .fhs is the sky (if you put in a custom one) and the .fhw is the weather file (again, if you put in a custom one.) Drag all these files out onto your desktop. Right click on the .fhm file. Once you have right clicked on it, hover you mouse over 'send to' and then click 'Compressed (zipped) Folder'. A message might pop up, click yes. Then, drag all the other files into this zipped folder as well.

Next, go to Mediafire. You may create an account if you wish, but it's not compulsory. Upload the ZIP file you made to this website. When you've done that, post the link on your thread. People will now be able to download your map. There are other websites like Mediafire, such as Rapidshare.

How to download other people's maps and install them correctly

Click on the link posted on someone's thread and download the file to your computer. Save it on your desktop or anywhere else you wish. This file will most likely be a ZIP folder. If you're unable to open it, download WinRARp.

Once you open it, you'll fine a few files inside. The most important is the .fhm file.

Go to My Computer > Local Disk (C:) > FeralHeart > Exports. Drag ALL the files into this folder, unless otherwise instructed by the user's 'ReadMe' file (if included).

Please report any links that you suspect have viruses in them, or maps that have inappropriate content.

Note - Thanks Delay for helping with this :3

Updated for v 1.06 by Ringo
Signature by Green