Author Topic: Canine Models Using the Feline Body Mask?  (Read 2510 times)

Plutonian

Canine Models Using the Feline Body Mask?
« on: March 24, 2012, 12:14:53 am »
I have played with my files to the extent of switching fur textures out for Delayni's, Sully's, Pantaline's, and modding them a little myself, but I haven't modded any coding at all. However, my canines are using the feline's body mask, so the underfur is very unaligned and I'm not sure what to do. I know it's taking it off the feline's body mask because I've went in and stuck the original body mask back in and it was still using the feline's.
I'd prefer not to have to uninstall and reinstall, because I have custom items, custom maps, custom music, etc, and I'd really really rather not have to go in and back every single thing up.
Does anyone know any fixes to this? Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 12:37:35 am by Plutonian »

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
Re: Canine Models Using the Feline Body Mask?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 03:23:35 am »
Well, look at the names of the files. Perhaps you have something named for the canine mask, but it's actually a feline mask texture?

Offline Beta9

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 08:07:40 am »
You wouldn't have to back every single thing up individually like clicking on them. You should just be able to highlight all of these things and copy them across into one folder,  in one move. Also, the personalised skins and things may be what's messing you canines up. :)

Plutonian

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 03:54:52 pm »
Well, look at the names of the files. Perhaps you have something named for the canine mask, but it's actually a feline mask texture?

I know that's not the case. :/

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 06:41:55 pm »
Here's something you can try if you're too lazy to backup the things you want and reinstall the old game.

Install FH someplace ELSE when you run the installer, an example would be if you made a path like this

C:\FeralHeartTEMP

And then install the game there, this would mean you would have 2 games on the C: drive just one of them would be a new working version. The option of where you want to install FH ALWAYS shows up, so don't be in a rush and make sure you don't overwrite the old game since that's not what you want.

Since I assume there's a problem with the masking for all the models and not just one preset or character, go into C:\FeralHeart\media       (old mask faulty game)

inside of it there's the folder "textures" which holds the textures for all the canine/feline models but also things like ingame buttons and other hud. CUT the folder(Do not copy) onto your desktop for now just in case the game acts weird later on.

When you have placed the old textures folder on your desktop, and your old game is without a textures folder, go into
C:\FeralHeartTEMP\media that you just installed, copy that textures folder ther, and then paste it into
C:\FeralHeart\media

If you did this right the game shouldn't even ask you to overwrite anything.

Now try to run the game and see if the old masks show up correctly.

If this somehow fails and you still rather want the old ones back, just cut out the  folder as before or remove it, then copy the one still laying on your desktop and paste it back in where it used to be. In general though, this folder should not affect any custom maps, presets, items etc. Since the mats and images lays(should lay) elsewhere.

Should work for you. And once you have tried out the old game and it works fine you can just remove the whole "FeralHeartTEMP" game/folder comepletely from your C drive.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 06:43:58 pm by Red »
Former community manager of FeralHeart