Author Topic: The Lost Wolf  (Read 1816 times)

ffdani

The Lost Wolf
« on: March 25, 2012, 02:43:16 am »
    I don't think this is my best peice of work, but lets give it a go! The main character, in case you're wondering, is nameless because she had lost her name for reasons to be seen soon. I would have written more, but it's late for me now so this is all for now. Tell me if you like it! Oh, and the title? Best I could think of so just bear with me. I'll think of some thing better. MetalHawk is a helicopteer, in case you're wondering.
EDIT: I put this in microsoft, and i am sooo sorry for all the spelling and grammer issues.
     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     She sat, as far as possible from her cranky siblings. Licking one paw, the young wolf watched the growing storm. She knew she should go back but... something held her back, like an iron chain, cold, rough and over powering. Hate was her iron chain. Betrayal too. She couldn't go back. She couldn't. Once again, the nameless wolf glanced back with worry. The den was only a few feet away, warm, loving... but at the same time hard and unwelcome.
    An ear-splitting, spine tingling howl came up. The light gray, white underbellied wolf jumped straight up. She knew what that meant. Hunters. All her siblings ran in, and a big, buff dark grey wolf sped out. After him was a swift white wolf, with green eyes and kindness in her heart. The nameless wolf then realized, it wasn't thier fault. It was her brother. She knew what she had to do. Racing towards the den, she leaped over a log and heard a "BAM" of a gunshot and saw the log turn to splinters. Need to keep running, need to keep running she thought. Meanwhile, her father had lunged towards the sound of the shot. It was his duty in the pack to attack hunters so the wolves could be safe. His mate tipped her head up and gasped, but then soon fell to the ground, motionless. Looking up, he saw a silver bird, it was what the pack had nicknamed "MetalHawk". He knew he couldn't defend his pack, so he sent out a howl for all wolves to retreat to thier dens, to hide because the hawk of death would stop at nothing to destroy them.
     The nameless wolf ran in the den, which was a large, dead hollow tree which thier ansestors dug up when the sky was not fogged with smoke and before the soil became drenched in blood. But when she came in, she was met by a pair of snarling fangs and the words "It was your fault she died, you murderer!"
     "Me? What did I do? The air metal bird hawk, whatever you want to call the thing! I would never do such a thing!" But her nasty brother, Jaundi just growled and lunged. She sidestepped, and maneged to hide behind his father, who was dragging  her mother in. A tear escaped the corner of her eye. She remebered what happend.
     The nameless wolf, had a name only hours ago. It was Willow. Willow chewed her bone, inscripting the star patterns on it. She loved watching the stars, and imaging she was a winged bird, a creature of the sky and air. She chewed on her bone, making stories of the great "Emarolda", the hero of the crows and the birds, being able to ask the stars for advice. But then Jaundi came along. Sneering, he asked "Whatca' doin'?"
     "Go away" She muttered.
      "What's that? He asked, and yanking the bone out from under her, he ran.     
      " Give me it back!" She wailed in distress. She say the dark grey wolf stop next to a river. For a slip heartbeat, she thought he would lay down and read it. Instead, he dropped it in the river. Howling, snarling and growling in anger, she lunged and was about to knock him into the river when her mother came out and, grabbing her by the loose fur on hr neck, she said "Enough! We have too mmany other issues to deal with than two pups fighting!" And with that, she dragged her off. After that, She refused her name.

She looked at her mother, also known as Pamina. She had always been here, and now dead. Gone. As quick as a unintencional glance. Jaundi snarled and, jumping over Pamina, knocked into the nameless wolf, also Willow, but never again. Thunder shook the forrest.
     "Get in, the storm is coming!" The storm the wolves had been anciously charting for moons. It growed biggier and bigger with each day, each sunrise, sunset, as th wolves used to anciously watch the river and the clouds. She tried to wresle out from under him, but Jaundi bit her leg and twisted it painfully, like he did whenever he bullied her. Her green eyes blazed the color of fresh spring leaves. She breathed slowly in, then out, and repeated the process, in a meditating sort of way. She regained herself, and then with a yowl, kicked him off, lunged atop him, and aimed to sink her teeth into the soft flesh of his muzzle. Jaundi twisted his head, wanting to bite her neck, cauing her to end up biting out his eye. He attempted to kick her off, but her determination was pure and her heart was on fire. She lunged and sunk her teeth in his muzzle, and the two, rolling, tumbling, fell into the growwing river, at the beginning of a supposibly deadly storm, and as the namelless wolf fell in the water, her teeth let go. 
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 08:44:05 pm by ffdani »

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
Re: The Lost Wolf
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 06:46:29 am »
This is good! o: Definitely a cliff-hanger though. Are you going to finish it? :3

ffdani

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 01:30:40 pm »
Yes. I will finish it, I will try to add more daily. Btw, like your siggy :)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 08:01:52 pm by ffdani »

ffdani

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 08:36:51 pm »
I added more :D