Author Topic: Wings And Flying In General  (Read 7728 times)

artistgrl8

Wings And Flying In General
« on: March 27, 2012, 11:02:45 pm »
(I don't know if there is a thread for this, so feel free to let me know if there is.)

FH is not a game I play regularly, and when I came back to find wings added, I was like OH YEAH! For awhile, most people loved the novelty of the new equip, and lots and lots of people used it. Nowadays, it is rare for me to see someone with wings. However, since I don't get on a lot, I am still amazed with the novelty of the wings, and make almost all of my new characters with them. What about you? Amazed with the novelty still? Don't really care? On the fence?
Do you like it when people fly? Do you like flying? I'm interested in peoples' opinions on this.

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
Re: Wings And Flying In General
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 01:06:49 am »
I'd like the wings more, if they didn't look so....bad and had a better flight animation.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 01:27:43 am »
I honestly love flying though im always using my wingless characters most of the time. If the wings were more realistic, looks and animation then i would be using them.

I dont mind people flying around me but when they sit next to me or something their big bulky wings just take up so much room. I usually have someones wing slicing into my character.
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline Ramine

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
    • View Profile
    • Ramine on DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 01:35:49 pm »
I don't really like wings, if they weren't so square with pointy edges, unrealistic or if they had a better animation and wouldn't ''slice''
into other characters, then I'd even use them once in a while.

But the main reason why the wings have such a poor look and animation is probably because the players demanded them, and Kov had to release the current ones.
I do hope that he fixes them in the future.

I have one winged character that I almost never use. Although I don't mind if other people fly around or just have wings for the looks. Do I like flying? No, not really.. it's slower than dash-running and whatnot.

Signature by Delay. <3

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 01:18:38 am »
I do not really mind the wings since they do not look or feel any worse than they used to back in IT.

Not to slide off topic but I do find the dash ridiculous since you can dash, dash and dash into infinity. The dash is not only too fast and too long, but you can dash countless of times without no sign of stopping it. Not a big fan of it, but still use it since it's so convenient to use when getting to places.

Wings work, but I do not like that the game aren't able to update the character positions properly, so users flying or hovering kinda get a skippy/laggy movement. This might be being picky though since I find other things in the game that need changes and additions. In general I say it does it's job for now.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Tearless

• The strange artist about whom your mother warned you...
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 81
  • Weird Absentee Uncle
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 03:21:44 am »
Though I rarely use them (I don't spend much time outside the wingless RP I run), I actually really enjoy having wings. I mostly use them for one gryphon character that I use a lot on the plains, and to be honest I thought the animation for the wings themselves was very well done, in a stylized sort of way.

That said, the flight pose still really bugs me; it looks unnatural and... kind of 'rigor mortis-y' when you're hovering. I continue to hope that it, the running animations, and the noodle-legs sitting problem will eventually be fixed.

Offline LunaWolfen

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 06:41:42 am »
Yeah, I agree with you. Nobody wants to look like a flying zombie.  ;D

Offline wolves01

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • HAHA... no
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 01:20:18 am »
The wings in IT kinda takes up the screen but feral heart wings don't really do that.

Offline Goldchocobo

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
    • Aquachocobo
    • GoldchocoboFH
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2012, 04:15:57 am »
I'm not a big fan of the wings- mainly because of the way they look and animate (I have a much more detailed thread on this: HERE)

I don't think Feral heart should be devoid of wings- or anything, it's just, in my opinion- they need work.. alot of work...

Offline Abomine

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • I'm that weird chick who's obsessed with deer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 06:46:21 pm »
I like the wings a lot (though I don't usually use them), and I love how it opens up a lot of doors for people who want to create fantasy creatures, dragons especially. However, the incorrect anatomy of the wings does bother me a little.

To Isengard! To Isengard!

My deviantART