4 (3.6%)
Maybe
12 (10.7%)
To much like IT..
1 (0.9%)
...Animals?
2 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Author Topic: Animals?...  (Read 10286 times)

Offline Haruki

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • "Better to be carried by six than tried by twelve"
    • View Profile
    • CatalinaPacks
Re: Animals?...
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2011, 12:04:49 am »
Yes, the whole idea that aside from roleplaying, there really isnt much to do is completely true.
Exploring hasn't even been implemented yet since the other maps haven't been added.

Personally, the hunting was a cute little kill-time.
I just really miss the pets system. x3

'Cause Haruki misses her little hummingbird. D:

Offline Finley

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • get money, get paid
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 12:19:15 am »
Even if there wasn't a hunting programme, it'd still be cool to have herds of wildebeest or deer or whatever the area would have, and if you approached they'd run away or something. Whatever happens, I think it will be difficult and we don't want to push Kovu over the edge xD

Offline taryn673

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2011, 12:46:48 am »
  I like the idea of animals. There is another post where they are discussing hunting animals, and I wanted to put this in but I felt it would be awquard adding it into their serious talk.
  I want the animals to explode. well, not explode explode, but like grunt birthday party where there is a pop, streamers go flying and cheering. Don't ask me why, but I want to see streamers XD

i love that idea xD

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
    • View Profile
    • DrA
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2011, 01:37:36 am »
Animals. Exactly what FH needs. xD I love the idea.

Offline fogwip

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2011, 02:50:23 am »
I like the idea of animals... and if you could carry your prey around once you killed it, and eat it, that'd be fun and great for rp purposes, like for feeding kits/cubs/pups or taking food to a wounded person. i like the confetti idea, too, but not sure how that'd fit into eating stuff... maybe it'd splode once you ate it? the herd idea's really cool, too, if the animals moved as a herd and you had to cut the weakest one out of the herd, like in wolfquest, and there were big animals that took longer and more people to kill, like that superhuge manta in IT (i miss stingy... or whatever his/her name was, s/he had a billion names depending on who you asked) but yeah... as for levels, ehh... not having levels or a goal is kinda what sets IT apart, it's less purposful, and you don't have to worry about "oh, i'm a noob compared to this person *scared of talking to them*" but yeah... i really liked how IT had the pets, and the health bar, and different moves you could get from different animals. that was fun =D it would be really nice to see that again

Offline wherewolf321

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • I'm lying on the moon, my dear I'll be there soon~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2011, 11:31:40 pm »
i vote yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Offline arcticwarrior

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • the sun is shining when i close my eyes. :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2011, 03:26:33 am »
It'd be cool if there were big herds of animals, like gazelles and stuff, and you'd have to organize a hunting party and use tactics to take one down. Herd A.I. would be very cool in my opinion. Or, you could try to get smaller prey, like hares, fish, bugs, or mice. You could also drag around (if it was small enough) and eat the prey. It would just serve for roleplaying purposes. And there would be some animals that were so dangerous (like elephants, rhinos, giraffes, or hippos) you either had to leave them alone or hunt them in huge groups.
I like the idea of animals... and if you could carry your prey around once you killed it, and eat it, that'd be fun and great for rp purposes, like for feeding kits/cubs/pups or taking food to a wounded person. i like the confetti idea, too, but not sure how that'd fit into eating stuff... maybe it'd splode once you ate it? the herd idea's really cool, too, if the animals moved as a herd and you had to cut the weakest one out of the herd, like in wolfquest, and there were big animals that took longer and more people to kill, like that superhuge manta in IT (i miss stingy... or whatever his/her name was, s/he had a billion names depending on who you asked) but yeah... as for levels, ehh... not having levels or a goal is kinda what sets IT apart, it's less purposful, and you don't have to worry about "oh, i'm a noob compared to this person *scared of talking to them*" but yeah... i really liked how IT had the pets, and the health bar, and different moves you could get from different animals. that was fun =D it would be really nice to see that again

that is EXACTLY how i want it! there should be a LITTLE blood at least though. and the confetti idea, eh. i dont really like it.  i love love love love LOVE it!!!! i would never ask of anything from feralheart again if they did all of that! exept the confetti. blaah. and you should be able to climb a tree and pounce on its back like a cougar! so who is with me???!!!! ah,ah???
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 03:29:07 am by Liyese »

sure im in love, but at least im in love. <3

Offline CalliCat1113

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: -10
  • Larkspur/Starline
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2011, 11:42:27 pm »
I like the herd idea, and maybe certain animals could be in certain maps? Like savannah animals could be in Fluorite plains, and more of grassland animals like rabbits, and even bears that would take three or more canines or felines to kill could be in Bonfire. I also think that fish and lobster (maybe) could live in that pond in Ficho.

To kill Ficho animals, you could swim, target the animal, then try to swat it out of the water in to the air, then maybe catch it in your teeth. For lobsters, just swim down to the bottom, grab them in your teeth, then bite down. Dead, then bring them back up to the surface to eat. Or maybe you could get pinched by them sometimes! Ouchie nosey!

To kill Bonfire animals, you can gang up on a bear (would take three or more felines to kill, two or more canines to kill), then attack it or something. For the rabbits you could stalk it, chase it, then pounce on it and kill it. You know.

For Fluorite plains hunting there would be.. African elephants for sure! Um.. Common zebras, Pronghorn antelope. And maybe Fennec foxes. To kill an African elephant, you'd need to gang up on it with a bunch of other cats/wolves. Weaken it, then it would eventually die. Common zebras you could attack it with a couple of other cats, for fun maybe? then as a one-cat challenge, you could try to bring down a Pronghorn antelope. You can do it your own way, or you can use the puma's way (break it's neck, then kill it.)

Well, that's what I have. It would be awesome to see this featured in-game!

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2011, 12:45:07 am »
Personally, I like FH the way it is, where you can simply do anything you want as long as it follows the rules. Having animals and a set goal of hunting them down just makes it more like Wolf Quest, and less like the game that it was designed to be. But that's my opinion.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2011, 01:40:49 am »
  Hunting is being added, it has been said a while ago. No, you don't HAVE to hunt, it's just something fun to do to occupy your tijme when no ones on you know. Items will probably not be added (God I hope they won't items seem like a aweful idea. They would be cool, but they bring too many issues) so you don't have to hunt to get items.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho