Author Topic: Map making - Semi urgent.  (Read 864 times)

Offline Heagato

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Map making - Semi urgent.
« on: March 30, 2012, 10:16:28 pm »
HI!
this is semi-urgent because i have a poll up about this map im asking about, and the favor mights be weighed donw in it being taken down.

Anyways, i started on this map with a flat surface, thinking id go from there, however, after create the basics of my map (somehting that cannot be done easily again)
i find that i had forgotten that the group level is not strait.

So, i am asking if there is any way for me to go into PhotoShop, create my ground so its uneven and i may add a small river,
and then murge it with the map iv already created with all my objects in it.
Or if there is any way to transfer my objects to my new map so that they are in place.

If you do not understand what im asking, i will be more than happy to repeat myself more clearly.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Map making - Semi urgent.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 10:52:13 pm »
You can edit your heightmap at any given time since the map maker will load the heightmap image selected everytime you start the map maker or go into test mode.

But the thing you must keep in mind is
-saving it the correct way as before(png image, grayscale image, no layers etc)
-That if you edit the heightmap in a map with objects already placed in it, the objects will still stay on the same coordinates

Which means if you made a river where trees are standing, the trees would float in the air over the river since they'd still have their old coordinates.

Hope this helps.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Heagato

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Map making - Semi urgent.
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 07:53:40 am »
Yes, thank you. it did help. although it came out funny, i knwo the basics of how to do it. I decided to stick with a flat terrian as it fits the details better. Thank you.