Author Topic: Issues Opening Window  (Read 1294 times)

Offline SpecialK42293

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • I Lorve Dinosaurs. <3
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
Issues Opening Window
« on: April 08, 2012, 07:51:23 pm »
Just recently I've downloaded the game, after a few months of bad hard drive system in my computer.I'm using Ubuntu Mint, though I play my downloadable games on Windows XP. Though with lack of anti-viruses I'm taking my chances D;Anyways, I used to play this game using the option, OpenGL, other than Direct3D9Well, after it asks me to close my window in order it to work, I do and then clicking on the icon itself, while waiting, the window opens, but closes right away, I would get a screen shot, but the window closes and I just get my background picture.Is anyone else having the same problems, or am I missing a file or something with Windows? Please Help! I can't stand this lag any longer, and don't wish to use during game-play.
In-game user-name is SpecialK42293
If you see me running around in the game somewhere, I'm pleased to say hello to anyone! Since I would love to have new, fresh friends to chat with. <3 ^^;

CloudFish

Re: Issues Opening Window
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 08:07:02 pm »
First you should try deleting the entire game and its contents, then reinstalling the set up. Something might not have moved right when installing.

If that doesn't work, we'll try something else. You can always change your rendering system manually by opening the cfg. file in the Feral Heart folder and changing it.

Offline SpecialK42293

• Curious Wanderer
  • I Lorve Dinosaurs. <3
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 08:13:52 pm »
I'll try and do that, thanks!
My dad thinks a file is missing or I need to find something to cooperate with Windows exactly ;c
If you see me running around in the game somewhere, I'm pleased to say hello to anyone! Since I would love to have new, fresh friends to chat with. <3 ^^;

CloudFish

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 01:33:33 am »
The game runs fine with Windows usually, with both rendering systems. You're probably just missing a file that didn't get placed in the install. Make sure you have all other applications closed.

Offline SpecialK42293

• Curious Wanderer
  • I Lorve Dinosaurs. <3
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 02:27:13 am »
Sorry if I tend to ask a slew of questions...but what do you mean by "other applications?"
I'm not really the smartest when it comes to processing and technology ;3

CloudFish

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 10:52:27 am »
You know, like if you have your internet browser up, or some other computer program up while installing, it could cause the install to misplace files.

Offline SpecialK42293

• Curious Wanderer
  • I Lorve Dinosaurs. <3
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 03:17:22 pm »
Oh, I gotcha now, I'll try doing that, again..since I had this web browser up and walked away from the computer for a moment while it was downloading.

CloudFish

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 03:34:37 pm »
Downloading isn't the problem as much as making sure all applications are closed when INSTALLING.