Poll

Why wont it work?

Grayscale
0 (0%)
size
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Map Terrain?  (Read 1058 times)

Offline Canibae

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • I have a huge shipping problem.
    • View Profile
    • ColorBlindBlue
Map Terrain?
« on: April 10, 2012, 05:41:48 pm »
So, I'm making my first and private map. I got my mask to load, but not my Terrain, it says it isnt found. I tried everything, even my friend that is awesome at maps didnt know what to do. Please help.

~Jade
All images containing within my profile or what I post are by me.

Offline Hallucination

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • View Profile
Re: Map Terrain?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 05:46:19 pm »
Is it a grayscale terrain?
All terrains must be grayscale, to they will not work. GIMP is a good terrain maker, in which I use. I hope this helped, if not check the Maps section of the forum and look at the help area. Also, picture must be PNG or JPEG. And extra layers. And it must be in the Watermill folder, plus, you need to have made it on a base of the same size any other Height Map is. =) <3
~Hallucination
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 05:48:41 pm by Hallucination »

CloudFish

Re: Map Terrain?
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 06:24:55 pm »
Actually, Hallucination is a bit wrong. The map terrain should be placed in the folder with the name of your map. For example, if you're creating a map and it's named... The Ocean. There should be a folder in your Terrains folder called The Ocean, (this is considering you've saved that name in Map maker). This is where you should place the terrain and mask file. Make sure they're named as OceanTerrain or OceanMask for the example. Like Hal said, it's gotta be PNG or JPEG. Usually PNG is the desired file location.

Terrain should be:
Greyscale
PNG
513x513
No Alpha Channel
One layer.