Author Topic: Some concerns about the game....  (Read 21930 times)

Offline Tawny

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Wark!
    • View Profile
Re: Some concerns about the game....
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2011, 04:41:00 pm »
Garganator, honestly. Nobody really cares for WolfQuest here at the moment, defending it like some sort of crazed fangirl is just making you look really, really silly. If you want to churn out the paragraphs you are, at least relate it to the matter at hand. Make a thread about it if it bothers you so much. Don't derail. :3

kthnx.

And I'm back for more about all of this fuss. I totally didn't think about the point Kerrigan made earlier. Some people's characters are really bitter and whatnot, and cursing is part of their personality. I don't think 'You look like a really stupid person' has the same effect as what their character would like to achieve. /:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 04:43:34 pm by Tawny »

Offline Gargantor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • WQ/FH/AK fan... RAWR
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2011, 05:23:44 pm »
ahem.. im not a girl...
secondly... i didnt bring up WQ... someone else did in a negative fashion, and i just defended the game... -.-
I dunno but i guess you would do the same if i went on a forum and started cursing your fav game...
anyway...
well basically i want a slight filtering (like many ppl too), because if you want it or not... there are children who just want to run around the maps, make friends and RP in a childish fashion... and here comes a "tough" character and starts to curse...
My little sister wanted to try out the game. 5 mins later she comes to me with a weird expression, and tells me what appened... i go there and see the chat (which was stuffed with the f word/curses of any kind). so i quickly log out. ( she was just RPing with a newfound friend, then comes this character, and messes it up, then starts talking "tough" -.-)
And my little sister is just 10.
yes, you can block, but for this you have to experience this. and get to know who you can trust.
(plus i personally dont like to RP with ppl who curse all the time.)
So dont forget the children pls... i know you think this game is mainly for 13+... but the games features suit the 13- children as well.
And to protect them, we need to filter out the most well-known curse words. ( we all know there will be work-arounds.. but at least the actual words will be blocked.... kind of gives an illusion that there is control... even if there isnt actually)
I know its NOT an educational/only childrens game but letting ppl to curse openly without at least telling them to stop... is just absurd...
This is where the world goes....
mods look out.. youre loosing your authority... oh wait.. what authority?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 05:28:32 pm by Gargantor »

slycan

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2011, 05:31:14 pm »
Nobody really cares for WolfQuest here at the moment

This needs to be gold plated.

Offline Sarine

• ~The Mysterious Cupcake or TMC~
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
    • View Profile
    • Meep Home
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2011, 05:45:30 pm »
Riiight, you kind of driven this a little bit far alright? >.<

Some people do, ok? It's their right, and you gotta respect it. If you want others to respect yours too. This is going nowhere. It kind of started like a joke, but now it's gotten serious. WQ is WQ, and FH is FH, whatever you like better, congratulations. Leave these out of the thing, and discuss about the filters, namely the actual point of the thread. Thanks. ._.

Offline Avani

• Slytherin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 241
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2011, 06:09:36 pm »
Agree Sarine.
I love WQ and FH <3 :3

Wudiin

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2011, 10:38:36 pm »
LETS COMPARE FREE MADE GAME VS GAME WITH MONEY TO BLOW (dun care how little)

FH: WAS MADE WITH NO BUDGET AND BY A BUNCH OF COLLAGE/TEEN PEOPLES, mostly good servers (save for that nasty hiccup), while lag is bad in crowded places at least one can connect to the server, LESS GLITCHES, FREEDOM, good graphics, large maps, custimization(spell fail please lol.)  to the extream.

WQ: Has a team and a budget, good graphics, bad servers that cut you out a lot, lag, takes forever to get something done, very limited actions, animations are not all that smooth, limit to how many people can play together in MP, not may things to choose from when it comes to make a character, crap load of glitches when the second episode was released after about two years of being planed and made, very suckish mate and pup AI.

The list could go on but I shall stop there. I was a member for a long time before I saw the light :)

Any way, I'm agreeing with most of those here. Unless a person is in your face talking crap, trying to harass you and your friends and whatever ignore the cursing and the light hearted jokes people are making with their friends. Curse words are just words some people are offended by, but they are not going to murder you in your sleep so unless you cant move away, ignore it, block them or whatever go to your own map 9not that hard to make people!) and hide out there and leave the roleplayers alone to have their fun.

Once again I state In my honest opnion(another spell fail I see!) Fh is not some game a kid should play should they have qualms with cursing, lots of bloody roleplays, some mating and whatnot. And like some AMAZING person stated: This is FH not WQ. So don't bring their rules and poloicies here because they ain't wanted.

OH HAI SLY.

Offline DimensionGal

• The Poison Dragon's Tainted Lily
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • aka Kerrigan the Mapmaker
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2011, 10:56:23 pm »
Start filtering a few words that someone doesn't like, and it's opening the floodgates to have all sorts of other words filtered out just because someone doesn't like them - that's the main point here, hun. It's called the "Fahrenheit 451 Censorship Effect." And as you can see, from most of the people who responded in this thread, people here don't want a word filter. Most of the players on here are 13+. They're mature enough to filter out the words for themselves - is it honestly that hard to do it yourself? -.-'
?Mapmaker serving 16,700+ Feral Heart users?

TealSkeletore

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2011, 06:50:33 am »
This topic is about filtering words and the behaviour of some members in-game. Please keep it that way. There's already plenty of WQ vs FH discussion threads. This isn't one so just drop it ok?

Offline Avani

• Slytherin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 241
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2011, 01:25:17 pm »
The FH vs WQ is kinda annoying >.<
People like what they like....

Offline Ritsuka

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 55
  • Tasha, .::Axel::., Bakura~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2011, 02:04:46 pm »
 /thinks this has already been said (not reading every post)

Why not just make an option to filter words out? like the people that actually use bad words, people that dont like it can turn on the filter and ignore it while the others that dont mind it listen eh?

Like i rarely cuss ofc, but mayb i want to make a toon with a horrible background where he cusses quite a bit etc? havin a ^$%^!#%$ as the words OR just blankness would be stupid... so aye make a filter for ppl and wen they log on, it'll be turned on till turned off ^-^
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 02:08:03 pm by Tasha »

Pet's name: Kokoron
My Screenies ^-^