Author Topic: Some concerns about the game....  (Read 21994 times)

Offline Tawny

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Wark!
    • View Profile
Re: Some concerns about the game....
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2011, 03:09:07 pm »
Tasha's idea makes me happy, I've seen that tactic used on other sides.
An optional filter that can be toggled on and off by the user. A happy medium between people who want a filter and those who don't. =w=

Offline Halopromise

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • [Insert witty text here] <3
    • View Profile
    • Twisted Fury Pack Reborn
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2011, 05:13:46 pm »
I think that's a great idea.
Halo ~ Queen and creator of Twisted Fury Pack Reborn.

http://TwistedFurypackreborn.wetpaint.com/
- All animal RPG | Over 2000 members | post - apocalyptic | Fantasy

Wudiin

« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2011, 10:47:54 pm »
O3O that would be epic.

12dollars

« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2011, 10:57:23 pm »
Tasha thats a great idea. I personally don't mind people swearing/cursing as I'm mature enough not to get angry or offended by it. If they were abusing someone, then screen it and send it to an admin or mod. This game was obviously not meant for 10-11 year olds otherwise words would have already been blocked.

Tyki Mikk

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2011, 11:39:26 pm »
I think Gargantor needs to friggen step off his soapbox. You like WQ and WE all dont. (Most of us I assume.)

Mostly I dont like you forcing your opinion down my friends or ANYONE here's throat. Since you like WQ's uber uneeded over filtering, go play THAT and not FH. And one more thing, dont get on someones butt about spelling. Because last time I check the word "Tight" was not spelled "THIGHT". :/

BACK ON TOPIC.

I think it would be a great idea to have a filter IF you want it. A filter button as Im sure someone has already mentioned. But My say here is if you dont like cursing because it just BOTHERS you SO much, than ignore it. Go to another map! Most people here dont care about swearing because, again, we're mature here. Little 10 year olds shouldnt be on the game anyway. Besides, theres no point in sheltering kids forever. THERE GONNA HEAR IT. Its everywhere.

THE WORLD IS NOT G-RATED PEOPLE. Get over it.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 11:44:15 pm by Tyki_Mikk »

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2011, 12:16:23 am »
I lol'd at Sly's post. -karma'd-

Anyway, I like Tasha's idea for the swearing issue. Although swearing doesn't bother me personally, that would help.

Offline Halopromise

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • [Insert witty text here] <3
    • View Profile
    • Twisted Fury Pack Reborn
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2011, 01:03:51 am »
I don't mind it either, at all. But I think Tasha's idea is great, and it be great for them to follow up on something like that. I personally do not allow myself to swear at all in front of the younger people. I rather not influence that kind of talk to them, since I think more then 60-70% here is between the age of 10-14. I rarely meet people older then that it seems, the occasional 17+ I rarely see.
Halo ~ Queen and creator of Twisted Fury Pack Reborn.

http://TwistedFurypackreborn.wetpaint.com/
- All animal RPG | Over 2000 members | post - apocalyptic | Fantasy

JolietheKreep

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2011, 04:21:31 am »
I'm not very concerned about all the cussing, and I'm only fourteen. Besides, nobody has ever officially announced the game as "G" rated. On ImpressiveTitle you had people like this all the time; and even I would sneak 'bad' words into my speach on there every so often, but you have to deal with life. Cuss words really shouldn't bother you that much... you hear them every day, I'm sure. Now, the whole /sexual/ thing; people flaunt words like 'rape' around all the time, especially in RPs like FeralHeart. It's usually nothing serious, just playing with people. But trolls, I can understand; the stupid buggers.. >.>"

cheetac19

« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2011, 05:00:47 am »
Perhaps an option can be put in place that allows people to turn a word censor on or off for their account? Allowing them to see little "*" marks where others put a curse word. It could block the basic curse words and allows those who don't mind them to leave them unblocked. Perhaps even make the list customizable, so people can block other words that they don't like?

Just an idea ^^

Offline Gargantor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • WQ/FH/AK fan... RAWR
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2011, 08:15:36 am »
Quote from: Tyki Mikk
I think Gargantor needs to friggen step off his soapbox. You like WQ and WE all dont. (Most of us I assume.)

Mostly I dont like you forcing your opinion down my friends or ANYONE here's throat. Since you like WQ's uber uneeded over filtering, go play THAT and not FH. And one more thing, dont get on someones butt about spelling. Because last time I check the word "Tight" was not spelled "THIGHT". :/

BACK ON TOPIC.

I think it would be a great idea to have a filter IF you want it. A filter button as Im sure someone has already mentioned. But My say here is if you dont like cursing because it just BOTHERS you SO much, than ignore it. Go to another map! Most people here dont care about swearing because, again, we're mature here. Little 10 year olds shouldnt be on the game anyway. Besides, theres no point in sheltering kids forever. THERE GONNA HEAR IT. Its everywhere.

THE WORLD IS NOT G-RATED PEOPLE. Get over it.
i just saw this... sorry i didnt read all of it, i got to the first sentence only...
dude youre slow or something... we are over this problem, we arent even talking about it.. and as the mod said... no WQ stuff, ty.
Plus you dont even know me, so be polite enough and dont talk if you are too immature to understand ppl. Im just defending my little sister(shes 10 and she had experienced this issue), along with all the 13- children. (if you cant understand that either, then you have a problem, i would suggest a psychiatrist)
And i like the idea of Tasha. That would be good for 13+ and 13- ppl as well. Everyone can do what they think is best for them. either they want a filter or not.