Author Topic: Just want friends  (Read 3249 times)

Offline Tygon

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Just want friends
« on: April 21, 2012, 01:27:43 pm »
Now chances are this will either not get many views or no replies, prob both but still I may as well do this.
What I find annoying about most people on FH is that they seem to only be interested in role playing or otherwise adding you and then forgetting you.
This I have found really distressing as I joined with my Main intention of making friends. I don't mind role playing but I want to get to know people first okay?
Anyone wanting to be friends then I would be more then happy to know you, and then I won't mind doing whatever you want to do within reason!

CloudFish

Re: Just want friends
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 01:39:19 pm »
That's the problem I found when I first joined, people didn't like talking to new people. They easily rode them off. However, in the forums, people are a bit more nicer, and more likely to remember you. I spend a reasonable amount of time on the forums and in-game. And I think I have made a few good friends on both.

I think it's a habit of most of us, to brush off new players. I found most of my friends through roleplays, and like you, I didn't intentionally join to roleplay, but nor did I join to make friends.

Anyway, if you're looking for friends, stick around, good ones pop up here and there, you're welcome to add me in game, my forum name is the same as my username. I hope you end up liking the game enough to stick around.

Offline .::Silver::.

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • I think I watched too much SD...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 10:51:41 pm »
Whenever I add a friend I never forget about them, I always check on them and see how they're doing not just abandon them like some people do, because I'm not a careless person even though i am an emo/emotional ;3

Offline CadyD16

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Razors for friends. ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 10:30:39 pm »
I agree with this. I came onto FeralHeart to meet up with old friends, meet new ones, and roleplay.

What honestly annoys me is how new people consider themselves practiced enough when they really are not. In doing this, they're brushing off people who they believe don't fit into their little circle of friends (not even friends, but most likely their 'mate' and 'cubs/pups' that they only met a few minutes prior to when you showed up). If you are, indeed, new, then one thing you must know is that people are not hesitant to send you a friend request only because they think you'll be of good use for their own roleplay-related needs. This is only coming from my past experience. IC gets mixed in with OOC, and things get horribly complicated.

I already mentioned this in another thread, but... In one past incident in Bonfire, some chick sent me a friend request because she wanted to be my mate (or, as it sometimes gets mixed up, my character's mate). When she found out I was female, as was my character, she just walked away and never spoke to me again. That was ALL she wanted. She didn't want to be my friend (just my friend, and nothing else). She was just desperate for attention (and not the bad kind, as much as she was asking for it).

So I guess what I'm leading up to is that people on here do that sort of thing all the time. Not everyone, as there are still many good people here who seek innocent, fun companionship. But a great deal just don't want friends anymore. They just want, say, a mate, or a cub, or a parent. I certainly think it should be put to an end, but I'm blindly guessing it simply never will be.

Sorry if I've gone into one of my rants once again. XD

But lastly, my advice to you would be to join some RP group on the forum who meets up in-game. I joined a very nice group a while ago, and the people whom I met in it are still good friends to me to this day. :)   

Offline Zatasha

• Forum Newcomer
  • BADGERS not included, some assembly required.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 11:59:42 pm »
I'd love to have you in my list. Username 'Zatasha.' I prefer conversation and companionship to rp-relationships, and mostly stick around for the non-rp relationships I make here.

Offline Willowshine

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: -1
  • SCREECH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 12:15:59 am »
Lawls you can friend me I'm "Willowshine" maybe we can do derp around sometime?
I'm The Ghost Of A Girl~

Pet's name: Rill
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline meowxo

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 09:49:40 pm »
if you want, you can add me as a friend and maybe we can meet up some time :D

Offline Cloudandis

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • It could end here, but that wouldn't be any fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 10:10:57 pm »
Hello. ^^ Yeah, like the others have said, the forums are easier on people than in game- people in game tend to shy away from one another. Role Plays rarely accept new members if they already have a huge as heck group XD Nice to meet you though.

Offline Ouuka

• Ramine's Nuudel
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Burp
    • Blue-Rakuen
    • SliferBeau
    • View Profile
    • Blue-Rakuen DA
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2012, 02:24:23 am »
It was hard making friends when you first start, i found it easier when i joined a group, i became more sociable and eventually randomly chatted with anyone :) Feel free to add me anytime