Author Topic: Really?  (Read 2846 times)

Offline Frozenflame

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
Really?
« on: April 22, 2012, 07:16:05 pm »
Alright, I was in Flourite Plains, just talking to someone, and in the chatbox, as I was waiting for a reply from the person I was chatting with, suddenly there's someone advertising for an RP someone made. That's not that uncommon, I would have just ignored it, but then I noticed it was an add for a Power Playing RP. Seriously? Who would make something like that? And how could that possibly be any fun?  

Alright, I think I'm done ranting about this. That was a very short rant. xD  I just wanted your opinions on this, really, and to those who are bound to ask, no, unfortunately, I didn't think of taking a screenshot until the message was long gone. x.x

CloudFish

Re: Really?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 07:24:01 pm »
The way I see it, if they're okay with it, and they're foolish enough to join it, then if they power play at one another, it's fine. It's controlled, in a way.

Though you can assume the problems such a roleplay would conjure up for its members. They can always leave though, no reason to whine.

Offline KnifeKnut

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Texting at 2 A.M. three days in a row? Really?
    • View Profile
    • Roleplays Extended - A newly created RPG site with many options
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 07:25:07 pm »
Still... That's a really dumb idea in my opinion.

Offline Frozenflame

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 07:34:10 pm »
CloudFish, I know. I just wanted people to know about it. xD  And I didn't mean to whine, sorry. :o   I'm just worried someone will randomly walk up to one of my characters and ask them to join. That's happened to me before [Though it was a regular roleplay I was slightly interested in.]  I just wanted the users of FH to be aware of this...weirdness. xD And KnifeKnut, it is in my opinion too. ;D

CloudFish

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 07:53:18 pm »
Oh, I wasn't referring to you. I meant the members of the roleplay can't whine about powerplay if they join it.

Offline Frozenflame

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 07:55:51 pm »
Oh. xD  Then, in that case, I must agree. xD  Sorry, I read really fast, sometimes I skip over a key word or just altogether miss the meaning of a sentance. xD

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 10:45:53 pm »
Ironically, people do make those rps for fun, they're meant to not be taken seriously (and if they are, god help them) and for people to just be silly and rp over the top things without worrying about "OMG GODMOED!!!11"

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 12:01:01 am »
These can actually be strangely entertaining with the right people. It can either be weird, completely random, or absolutely hilarious. I've had the luck of finding hilarious people when I used to join these (though I never participated in one here).

Besides, if they complain about what other people do, it's their fault for getting all worked up about it. They said "Yes please, I want to join and be completely random and immortal with you all" or whatever-the-heck they were thinking, so it's on them if they regret it later.

Offline Crin

• The Silver-Tongue
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 113
  • The Illuminati Pedro Hat
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 12:42:39 am »
I only join RPs that are fully literate and all, but one time a group of close friends and I created a power-playing, godmodding, no holds barred RP. It was actually a lot of fun xD However, I have a feeling that it just had a lot to do with the fact that we were being utterly silly and we knew eachother well. So when the RP line comes up "*jumps and tares at ur throat* u evil wolf!!!!" and you get to respond in the most silly way possible: "*sends hoards of flying shoes to attack your left nostril* TAKE THAT!"

I mean, it is in NO way my fighting style. It took effort just to even be illiterate x3 But still, with friends? It can make you laugh so hard you cry. You know that you're just having fun, that the goal is to make the worst, funniest story that no one will ever forget. But when your faced with others unknown? It's more awkward.

I agree with Cloud. If you join... that is to your own advantage or disadvantage.
Resigned, quit, and basically long gone.

P R I D E <3

Offline Frozenflame

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2012, 06:49:44 pm »
Hm. I never thought about it that way. Crin, that sentance about the flying shoes made me laugh so hard I nearly fell out of the computer chair. xD  Now that I think about it, I think I'd be fun with people you knew... But not random strangers. xD