Author Topic: Tying collisions to meshes  (Read 1971 times)

Offline littlepinksprite

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
Tying collisions to meshes
« on: April 25, 2012, 12:28:27 am »
I have asked this question before and I thought the answer was checking the "own collision box", but it doesn't work for me. After I create and object and assign collisions, and I use it on a map, the  collision boxes will not realign with the mesh if I want the object to have a different orientation. Does anyone know how to fix this?

SoulRevenge

Re: Tying collisions to meshes
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 09:16:11 pm »
Well, I don't know if this will help, but go to Object Maker>Mesh and check the box "Own Collision", then go back to 'Object', save the object with whatever the name you inteneded to give it and put it in whatever Object Group you want it to be in. The simply click 'save'. C:

Offline littlepinksprite

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 09:47:08 pm »
I have been doing that, but it has not been making a difference.

Offline littlepinksprite

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 12:38:09 am »
Anyone else have another solution? It would be a big help if someone had something new.

CloudFish

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 12:48:53 am »
Er.. I've been trying to look around for a solution to your problem, I really have, but I haven't found anything. I suggest PM'ing Galiou. She's good with creating meshes.. So maybe she can offer you some assistance?

http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&action=profile&u=63283

There's her profile, she's genrally nice about helping people out, and she should be able to fix your problemo.

Hope this helps, if any.

Offline littlepinksprite

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 01:07:13 am »
Thanks, its just really annoying trying to make maps with bad meshes.

CloudFish

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 01:17:11 am »
No problem, I'll keep looking for a solution regardless.

I should really learn how to do this stuff at some point so I can be a bit more helpful. And to get cooler meshez.

Anyway, hope she answers your question.

Offline littlepinksprite

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 02:49:07 pm »
Although I did not find a solution to this specific problem, I realized that I was using both "own collision" and collision boxes for solid meshes. I didn't realize I could just use "own collision" to solididate them... So I got rid of all the collision  boxes I spent so long applying to every object, and they work fine for me now. I'm still curious though, why the collision boxes would not stick to the meshes.