Author Topic: Item Help?  (Read 1988 times)

Offline blackmailchan

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
    • CerealSoup
Item Help?
« on: May 02, 2012, 01:17:46 am »
Is there a way to take already existent FH meshes and make them into groups, then add them as objects?

Like instead of only putting one rock Sphere on a character ( because thats what's in the mesh ), the mesh is, let's say 4 of them onto of each other? ( like a snowman! )

So that when you put the mesh on as an item, you have the snowman mesh on instead of the single sphere mesh?

I want to make items out of the available shapes, but I don't see how that's possible..

Offline Crin

• The Silver-Tongue
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 113
  • The Illuminati Pedro Hat
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Item Help?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 01:23:35 am »
If you're asking what I think that you are, I know one way, thought it is a bit tedious.

Let's say that you wanted to make a snowman. You'd have to go into the object maker and load the sphere mesh. I mean that you would have to hand type it in. Then you would have to do it again. It would spawn on the exact same spot as the first, but you can control it using the arrows and such.  You could keep doing that as many times as you wanted, editing it however many times you wanted. Then you could just give your creation a name and place it into a folder. You don't have to worry about selecting anything as a whole, because the mesh maker will read whatever is on the screen as one entire mesh in the map maker. So if you'd go into the map maker to add that in, you would still have your snowman/lump o' rocks.

Hopefully that was indeed what you were asking and that made some sort of sense xD
Resigned, quit, and basically long gone.

P R I D E <3

Offline blackmailchan

• View Profile
    • CerealSoup
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 01:28:13 am »
But if I save that as a snowman, it doesn't make it it's own mesh. It makes it into an .OBJ file. :/ And I don't think you can use .OBJ files as items.

Sorry I wasn't very clear!! Thank you anyway!

Offline littlepinksprite

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 01:09:23 pm »
Yes, object maker, as far as I know only outputs .obj files. If you want to make actual .mesh files, you  want a program like blender... Or because that takes (took me) a long time to learn how to use it, you can just ask me what item you wanted exactly and I could take a go at it.

Offline blackmailchan

• View Profile
    • CerealSoup
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 09:32:12 pm »
i wanted to make extra manes out of the already available hair meshes and combining them, and then they could be in an item pack. :c

i tried exporting the meshes into AC3D but that isn't possible as AC3D only exports OGRE meshes, but can't import them.

Offline littlepinksprite

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 12:11:36 am »
I really have no clue how to help with that. Sorry.