Author Topic: MapMaker spazzes!  (Read 1059 times)

Offline TN-King18

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • I will never bow infront of anyone. Be sure.
    • View Profile
MapMaker spazzes!
« on: May 07, 2012, 02:32:50 pm »
Hi...

I worked on one of my maps for days now, and then as it was finished I exported it without any problems. The problems just began as I tryed to get into the map with one of my friends. It didnt work for her and she crashed, and I could only get into a map that was half-finished. Now, if I try to re-export the finished map, it says 'Failed to export map ~name~'

I dont know why this happens and why I couldnt see the portal and just half of the objects as I was in the map...?!

Anyone knowing help??? :(

Sad greetings,
TN-King18

Offline littlepinksprite

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
Re: MapMaker spazzes!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 02:38:05 pm »
A map failed to export for me for a time after it exported fine before. I figured out that just restarting the program fixed the problem.     Other issues- if a character is stuck on a broken map you can reset their home or you can temporarily remove the file so that they can do so. if they are stuck on the loading screen however, there is no way that I know how to get them out.

CloudFish

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 03:29:37 pm »
In addition to what Abi said, as for not being able to see objects and portals on your end. Make sure for your objects, you are creating new object groups when adding in custom meshes you've downloaded. By adding custom objects to default groups, you won't be able to see them.

As for your crashing friend, the above /could/ be making her crash. As could some custom weather files, if you did these, have her remove them.

For not being able to see portal, be sure to go back and check the portal coordinates and make sure you've got the option checked, then test in map maker to be sure it's there.

Offline _-Rain-_

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 08:13:57 pm »
For the re-exporting problem, try renaming the map 'Name', not the 'Display name'. Then try re-exporting.