Author Topic: Objects not working?  (Read 1986 times)

Offline Wolf-Freak

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
Objects not working?
« on: May 08, 2012, 10:15:15 am »
I took some meshes from FH+, and put the material and mesh files in MyPlants on my normal FH and put them in my objects file. I went and put them in a map i was doing, and made SURE i exported the MyPlants as i used a ton of the FH+ meshes in there. I had a friend of mine test it out, but she couldn't see any of it. She could see the caves,  and the herbs and stuff, but she couldn't see the bramble bushes or anything...whats wrong? I am sure it was exported correctly, and ive never had a problem like this.
Greetings from your friendly neighborhood Wolfeh!!!!

Offline littlepinksprite

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Objects not working?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 01:06:01 pm »
The most likely reason for this problem is because they did not replace their MyPlants file with your updated one. If you didn't share your file, you want to make sure to do that. They might have the map file but not your updated object file. If they can't see the objects they probably just simply don't have them. I have also heard other members say not to modify default object groups, though I'm not sure if that would make a difference in this case. You might want to try moving your object to a different object group, and then share that group with your friend to download.

CloudFish

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 03:19:00 pm »
Basically need to move the FH+ meshes and stuff into my objects and then load in object maker. Create new object group.

Offline Wolf-Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 08:02:02 pm »
i did give her my updated file, and i'm pretty sure I replaced it with the new one, then added in the other ones..

CloudFish

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 08:11:38 pm »
Made new object groups? You have to do this, you can't just stick the FH+ meshes into the plants and make them work. You need to put them in my_objects, load them in object maker, and then create custom group with new name. Like ChristiansPlants. Then they will appear.

AccailaWolf01

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 08:26:48 pm »
Hi, I read the big help thread for graphical issues. I'm still having trouble.
What is happening is, when I start the game, I can create my character, and it's fine, then I click start. But It's all black, I can't see anything but my character. I tried changing the video to Direct3D9, but it still the same!
Can you help me? I'm really interested in this game

Offline Wolf-Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 08:34:49 pm »
*groan* okay

Offline littlepinksprite

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 09:36:41 pm »
Blaise, this can be because the program can not reference the map file. If you were on a custom map you should just reset your home to lonely cave. If you were on a public map you may have to reinstall the game in order to make sure you have all the files again.

AccailaWolf01

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 02:27:21 pm »
I reinstalled twice already, and I was on the default map. I didn't change the map at all.

CloudFish

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 03:22:52 pm »
Go to FH>Media>terrains, look for the fhmaps folder. In there should be podium, fluorite, ficho, cape, north pole, Atlantis, lost cave, assencion island and skyrim. Not exact names, but should see versions of these.

Don't know if this has been proposed, are you sure you're using regular Feral Heart?