Author Topic: Thoughts On Wolfspeak?  (Read 24252 times)

Offline Motoko

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Augen auf- Ich komme!
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts On Wolfspeak?
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2012, 09:58:29 pm »
To be honest, I find this so-called "Wolfspeak", to be rather silly. What sense does it make, anyway? Like "lanterns" instead of eyes. Who the hell would know what you're even talking about, anyway?

Some things require a bit of ingenuity, others are just plain foolish.
Caught quicksand grip
Pull me in
Whisper faith in sickness

Offline _-Rain-_

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2012, 11:29:39 pm »
I barely understood that paragraph you wrote with Wolfspeak.
Anyways, I'm not a Wolfspeaker myself. I didn't even know that thats what's all these strange words were about until I read this thread. Anyways, I don't exactly like it, but I can handle it if there's not too much.

I ran into some Wolfspeakers earlier today and I was like, what? What is your banner? and what do you mean by pillars? Well, I'm quite glad that I don't play WolfQuest anymore, I might've ended up as a Wolfspeaker. No offence or anything.

Offline Raxoremys

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2012, 09:58:06 am »
I just joined a rather good rp. Literate, a good dash of brutality(just like my dear iDegeneks, but with less torture XD)
But this one guy. He's ruining it. All of his posts are in fluent wolfspeak.
He just said "acoustics" to mean ears. NO. NO.
It's seriously affecting my ability to enjoy this rp. I think someone suggested earlier that in adverts, group leaders should specify whether or not wolfspeak is allowed. This is a FANTASTIC idea. This guy....ugh, I can't. I can't even.

Offline Motoko

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Augen auf- Ich komme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2012, 04:43:12 pm »
I just joined a rather good rp. Literate, a good dash of brutality(just like my dear iDegeneks, but with less torture XD)
It's seriously affecting my ability to enjoy this rp. I think someone suggested earlier that in adverts, group leaders should specify whether or not wolfspeak is allowed. This is a FANTASTIC idea. This guy....ugh, I can't. I can't even.

I am unable to can.

... But seriously. I understand how you feel. :/ I hate when people do that. Dictionary/thesaurus abuse in mass amounts shouldn't be okay. :I
Caught quicksand grip
Pull me in
Whisper faith in sickness

Offline Shellz

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2012, 05:40:12 pm »
I barely understood that paragraph you wrote with Wolfspeak.
Anyways, I'm not a Wolfspeaker myself. I didn't even know that thats what's all these strange words were about until I read this thread. Anyways, I don't exactly like it, but I can handle it if there's not too much.

I ran into some Wolfspeakers earlier today and I was like, what? What is your banner? and what do you mean by pillars? Well, I'm quite glad that I don't play WolfQuest anymore, I might've ended up as a Wolfspeaker. No offence or anything.
That wasn't wolfspeak, that was the most common uses of just plain rp chat I have seen, and ivories /is/ correct. If you have ever read 'The Sight', it uses a lot of 'wolfspeak' terms that are easy to understand. Same with 'Fell'.

Offline Okami-Shiranui

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 49
  • "You want to change it, don't you?"
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2012, 05:48:28 pm »
I remember being in a really good pack once. Then some wolfspeaker started the trend... that ruined it for me.

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2012, 04:19:26 pm »
Sometimes people talk like they've swallowed a thesaurus and use words that are rather fancy and don't come in up conversation often, and I don't have a problem with people using advanced vocabulary. What does annoy is when people use more 'creative' words, and make their sentence grammatically incorrect because the definition of the word is totally out of context with what they are writing! Sometimes I feel like shoving a dictionary down their throat!!

Ok, rant over. XD

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Marilyn

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2012, 07:32:09 pm »

A few months back, I led a roleplay where I specifically stated in my advertisements wolfspeak was not allowed, yet I still had to sift through purple prose and wolfspeak in roleplay samples because some people are using it and don't even know what it's called. Ugh, what a traumatizing experience. ;_;

Offline Okami-Shiranui

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 49
  • "You want to change it, don't you?"
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2012, 05:36:39 am »
I remember being in a pack that used words like Orbs for eyes, sattilites for ears, and pillars/columns for legs. I couldn't take it. I'm alright with words like "fae", "banner", and "maw" because you can at least figure out what the floof they're saying.

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2012, 01:40:43 pm »
Luckily for me, I think there's only one person in the RP I'm in that uses 'wolf-speak' so I can tolerate it. I just hope no one else gets into the habit or I might start having a rage at them xD

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)