Author Topic: "FeralHeart.exe has stopped working-how to transfer Maps?  (Read 1044 times)

Elohi Adanvdo

"FeralHeart.exe has stopped working-how to transfer Maps?
« on: May 12, 2012, 05:15:34 pm »
Heya, people...

So, I have the same problem as everyone else out there with my game crashing when I try to go online. I can get as far as the login and character select, but after I select "Start", it goes to the loag screen, and crashes... 

I have read that deleting and re-downloading the game as a whole helps, but I have some maps and skies that I have spent a considerable time working on, and I wish to transfer them. Do I just create a seperate file and stash it somewhere, redownload, and insert them back into the maps folder individually?

Thankees.

(+1 post. WOO!)

Offline KnifeKnut

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Texting at 2 A.M. three days in a row? Really?
    • View Profile
    • Roleplays Extended - A newly created RPG site with many options
Re: "FeralHeart.exe has stopped working-how to transfer Maps?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 05:20:40 pm »
I have often read that putting custom maps/presets/skies/etc. back in the game crashes it again. I would save them in a separate file (on your desktop, for example) and try reinstalling the game. Before putting your custom things back in it, try logging in again. It may be the custom things that are messing up your game. Also, I would put them back in one at a time. If one is causing trouble, hopefully you'll be able to figure out which one it is.

CloudFish

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 08:02:52 pm »
Map maker, so you sound like you may have some double files, check your particles and my_object files for any files with _0 or any other number tacked on end.

Elohi Adanvdo

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 10:50:00 pm »
Thank you- and problem solved. :3