Author Topic: Bad Tokens  (Read 1982 times)

Offline FrostWynd

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
Bad Tokens
« on: May 17, 2012, 04:04:28 am »
Alright, so...
Since my laptop has Linux on it, I've been using WINE to play FH. Which I've had no major problems. (Occasional bad token, or getting randomly disconnected, but it's tolerable.)

The only recent problem I've been having, is now I get nothing but bad tokens on some maps. And have yet to figure out how to fix the problem.

I was always able to get on those certain maps with at least only one bad token, but now each attempt leads up to nothing but bad tokens. I've even tried connecting the computer directly to the internet instead of wireless, but even that didn't seem to help at all. And usually that always solved the problem before.

But, when I try on the desktop, I don't get any bad tokens, it loads just fine. So I'm not sure if this is directly related to my laptop, or what. So far, I'm only able to get on my characters that are either in the Lonely Cave, Cape of Distant Worlds (sometimes) or only one RP related map, which makes no sense that I can get on those maps just fine with at least only one bad token, but not the other public/downloaded maps with several bad tokens. =/

Help would be appreciated. ^^

CloudFish

Re: Bad Tokens
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 04:13:54 am »
Could be trying to get in when server is really busy, often causes problems.

Also, bad tokens could occur because of number of meshes on a map, I suggest turning off water reflection and setting view distance to minimum.

Could also try changing rendering subsystem while using laptop. Windows likes Direct3D9.

Bad tokens will always happen in busy maps like Fluorite during busy hours (6-9/10 pm eastern time). So avoid or fight your way in.

However full server sometimes can effect other maps too, just depends on details of map or time when accessing.

Offline FrostWynd

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 08:50:34 pm »
Water Reflection/View Distance - Ever since I downloaded the game, I've always had everything put to the lowest setting possible.

Rendering Subsystem - It's always been set to OpenGL. As it seems trying to use Direct3D9 doesn't even let WINE open FH. (Of course I didn't set it that way intentionally the first time I opened FH.) 'xD

Busy Maps - For the public maps, that I can easily understand. But the maps I downloaded for RPs aren't exactly 'busy' enough for the same problem to happen, would it?
Plus, they've always worked just fine before. So why am I encountering this problem only now?

I've been stuck with the bad tokens for about three weeks too... =/

CloudFish

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 09:08:11 pm »
For the same map? You are having these problems?

Could be a server issue, often needs a reset, but I know that it's been reset a few times in the past few weeks.

Are you not able to get in at all?

Offline FrostWynd

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 11:02:35 pm »
Specifically, I've been trying to get into Grassland Valley. So yes, the same map.
Like I said, bad tokens each time. Desktop is a different story, let's me on that map just fine.

CloudFish

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 12:53:07 am »
Sounds like your laptop isn't able to handle the map really. Can't really do much with it but try to update drivers, I suppose.

Offline FrostWynd

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 07:35:07 pm »
But it was able to just fine before, which makes this issue even weirder.
Well, I suppose I'm stuck with using a different computer for Grassland Valley then. Thanks for trying to help anyway. ^^

Maybe later on I'll either find some solution, or it'll resolve itself somehow.