Author Topic: Meshes go *Poof*  (Read 2285 times)

Offline Silvertail12

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Quack o3o
    • View Profile
Meshes go *Poof*
« on: May 27, 2012, 09:40:47 pm »
I'm not really sure on what I did, but a few days ago, I installed a map into the exports. I think I accidently clicked the 'Move and Replace' button when it asked me that 'My Trees' 'My Rocks' 'My "etc."' already exists.' I've been saving them because I made a map that I saved my downloaded meshes from here on the forum into the 'My Trees' and stuff.
I went in my map and some of the meshes were gone. The den, dead trees, and a flat rock were gone. I tried re-installing my zipped folder into the game again and see if the meshes would be re-installed but they are still gone.
How do I get them back?

Offline Crin

• The Silver-Tongue
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 113
  • The Illuminati Pedro Hat
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Meshes go *Poof*
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 10:34:05 pm »
I would suggest reinstalling the game completely. And by completely I mean deleting the entire FH folder before you go reinstall. And did that before myself - Reinstalling the game fixed the problem. I really don't think that there is any other way around it, sorry, though there may be one I'm unsure of.
Resigned, quit, and basically long gone.

P R I D E <3

Offline Kreeas

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 10:45:40 pm »
WOAH! no need to re-install XDD

I had this probelm before, any items you download from others MUST be put in a custom group, for instance, if you download a tree mesh, DO NOT put it in MyTrees, otherwise it won't show up in game (it will show in map maker, but not IG), make another group (EX. Cutsom Trees [as a group name]) for your downloaded meshes, and this will fix your problem. ;3

Offline Silvertail12

• Experienced Traveler
  • Quack o3o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 06:30:01 am »
I know Criminally_Insane XD
Thing is, I created this map in my previous game. Due to an error, I had to re-install the game and the map maker groups changed the way I had FH. I finally started to save things to my own separate custom group so the My Trees etc. are the way they came now. But, I still have the zipped file from the map I made, but when I install the groups and all, they are like the ones in the game and not the groups I had from before.
I doubt this made any sense O.o Does it? Sorry ^^;

CloudFish

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 02:31:02 pm »
If groups are still as was, should be able to load in object maker and remove?

Offline Silvertail12

• Experienced Traveler
  • Quack o3o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 03:01:12 pm »
I don't think so since re-installing gives me a refreshed group

CloudFish

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 03:20:44 pm »
Think I understand now. Even if you are using the old files, if they weren't placed in custom groups but are trying to use them in the map from where they had still be in default groups, you will not be able to see.

Offline Silvertail12

• Experienced Traveler
  • Quack o3o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 02:34:58 pm »
So...even if I re-install the map groups, I still won't be able to see?

CloudFish

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 02:41:25 pm »
Narf, will not.