Author Topic: A Feral Movie Night! -FeralHeart Cinema-  (Read 165895 times)

Offline kimlou

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
Re: A Feral Movie Night! -FeralHeart Cinema-
« Reply #340 on: August 10, 2012, 02:58:17 am »
I can't believe I'm just finding out about this!I'll be there!

Offline Lukas245

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • You Shall Not Touch My Cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 10, 2012, 03:44:22 am »
wow this is pretty awesome for a wolf with blue and a bow tie on,but on quiston,dose the screen at the movie theater aculey work?i would like to know that +nice skin and picture!
I used to be WolfInCourt on the forums, but just call me Kuesuto now or Kue.
FH Username:Lukas245
IW Username:WolfinHeulen
WolfSoul Username: Kuesuto
           See you soon~
[img/]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/077/e/d/dubstep_art_by_bronyswag-d5yfnkr.png[/img]

Offline Lukas245

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • You Shall Not Touch My Cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 10, 2012, 10:39:52 am »
Everyday im shufflin
I used to be WolfInCourt on the forums, but just call me Kuesuto now or Kue.
FH Username:Lukas245
IW Username:WolfinHeulen
WolfSoul Username: Kuesuto
           See you soon~
[img/]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/077/e/d/dubstep_art_by_bronyswag-d5yfnkr.png[/img]

Offline littlepinksprite

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 10, 2012, 04:05:23 pm »
I don't understand how to read your timezone and convert it to mine using the website, could someone explain that to me please?

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 10, 2012, 04:30:14 pm »
Weds quick lesson on how to understand timezones:

A day consist of 24 hours, and living on different parts of the globe means we'd have sunset, sunrise, day and midnight at different times of this day compared to someone that lives on the other side of the planet away from you.

To make things more convenient for certain world parts, countries(cities even) and being able to have mornings at 8am, afternoons at 3pm etc. We have individual clocks for different locations but they all go within the 24 hour time span. These are called TIMEZONES.

So I myself for example live in Sweden, and I have my 24 hours of the day like anyone else. But worldwide I have the timezone GMT+1 also known as UTC+1. While the East coast in the US would have either UTC-5 or EST/EDT(Their own timezone name). Which means that if you, as a user living in the EST/EDT zone would tell me to be online at 7pm without taking any consideration of what time I'd actually have, A swede or anyone living in the GMT+1/UTC+1 timezone would need to be online at 1am their time since there's a whole 6 hours apart from US and Sweden.

This is why we have something like UTC clock to make it easier for us(think it's called Universal Time Clock). The clock starts at 0 hours timezone change in the UK, and then it goes 12 hours ahead(UTC+) to the edge of the world map. But it also goes 12 hours back(UTC-).

So if I were to say to someone to meet me inside the game at 5pm UTC, we'd have to think which timezone we live in and if everyone think UTC it should be simple + to minus math. I myself would just need to +1 hour onto the clock, and then I'd have my current time which I see on all the clocks around me. Same thing works for anyone no matter where you live on the planet, as long as you follow the UTC clock and add on hours, or remove depending on which side of the globe you live, you will end up having YOUR time, and that way you'd know when to meet someone.

The only thing is that both of the users must know their timezones, something we should learn in school to be honest but we really don't. So it's up to you to get a hang of it yourself. Just take a look at the map, find out where you live, and count how many hours you are apart.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 04:31:50 pm by Red »
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: August 10, 2012, 06:59:55 pm »
Thanks wedz!
Now that we all have learned a thing or two from teacher Redrawr...

Don't forget that we will be playing Oliver & Company this movie night!!
Come join us Sat 8/11 at 24:00/00:00 UTC (6pm US Central time, 9am the next day for you Aussies). Bring your friends and a snack and enjoy what is possibly one of the LAST FH Movie Nights this summer! Also a little bit extra here: we might be having a sort of podcast after the movie is over, where you'll get to listen to the staff and friends in one of our derpy Skype calls via Red's Livestream. xD If it works out, it will be funz.

Anywho, we all hope to see you there and we hope you have had a great time thus far with this cool event. ^_^ /poof
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 08:07:15 pm by wolffox »

Offline RawSyndicate

• Bagged Milk
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
  • OG Floofins
    • View Profile
    • DA: RawSyndicate
« Reply #346 on: August 10, 2012, 07:06:18 pm »
*flail* I <3 skypeee i must be there ^^ Thanks for the news Reddles and Wolffie

Offline littlepinksprite

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 10, 2012, 08:30:55 pm »
That's really helpful, Red. I still have two more questions though.
"24:00/00:00 UTC" What is the slash for? Does this mean it is showing Friday night or Saturday morning? (Between 8/10 and 8/11?)

"Wolf's Rain: Episodes 1-30: Official Schedule TBA" What time does this mean?

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 10, 2012, 09:11:32 pm »
That's really helpful, Red. I still have two more questions though.
"24:00/00:00 UTC" What is the slash for? Does this mean it is showing Friday night or Saturday morning? (Between 8/10 and 8/11?)

"Wolf's Rain: Episodes 1-30: Official Schedule TBA" What time does this mean?

Yes that's right. 24:00 is the end of the day Saturday while 00:00 is the beginning on Sunday, UTC time. I put both depending on your preference. If you live in the US, the movie will show sometime around 4pm-7pm Saturday. If you live in Australia it will most likely be early morning (around 9am) on Sunday for you.
Also-- we haven't really set a schedule for the Wolf's Rain episodes. We kinda just show them whenever we have time. That's why it says TBA (To Be Announced.)
Any more questions? c:

Offline Wolf_Memories

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 10, 2012, 09:56:54 pm »
*Squeak* I can't wait for my first showing! :D I think I've invited all my friends too.. Half the FH community?:o -Giggles-

~Memo <3