Author Topic: Zar's Wonderful World of Maps *UPDATED 7/7/12*  (Read 2874 times)

Offline Zarorah

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • And if you believe in me, then stand and fight
    • View Profile
    • the turmblrs
Zar's Wonderful World of Maps *UPDATED 7/7/12*
« on: June 05, 2012, 12:54:12 am »
Alright, so I thought I'd try my hand at this map-making stuff.  

In here, you will find some maps made by yours truly, Zar :3  I know they aren't the best, but hey, everyone starts somewhere, right?

MAPS SO FAR:
Pinkie's World <- Note about this map: I'm probably going to make a different one eventually.  You can still use this for whatever you want, but don't expect to see good ol' Pinkamena in there :c
The River <-Where everything for this went, I don't know.
Szechi
The Facility<-NEW!!!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 12:32:08 am by Zarorah »
[Insert some kind of image that still needs to be made here]

Offline Zarorah

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
    • the turmblrs
Re: Zar's Wonderful World of Maps
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 01:07:00 am »
PINKIE'S WORLD

Yes, I know you're all thinking, "Why is it named Pinkie's World? I HATE My Little Pony!"

Well, to be honest, the name just sort of came to me.  I know that Pinkie is a party pony, but when she goes insane, she goes INSANE (a la "Cupcakes").

So, I had this little idea, along with a little backstory:  

Pinkie eventually became so mentally unstable that the only way to keep the rest of Ponyville safe was to send her far away, where she could do no harm.  
She was sent to a heavily armed facility with only one rule; no parties.  This deeply saddened Pinkie, to the point that she actually killed a few of the workers.
Finally, even the facility wasn't safe enough, and she was sent into an underground labyrinth with no food or water.  She was expected to be dead in a few days.
But... she isn't.

People have since lost track of where Pinkamena was sealed, and one day, an old, underground labyrinth was opened to the public.  It was originally only open for Halloween.
But soon, it became a year-round attraction.  And this pleased the monster of the maze.  She had fresh meat.  She wanted to get back at the society which had shunned her and
sent her underground.  Now, every time she sees someone in the Maze, her bloodthirst increases.  

Your only hope against her is to run for your life.  If you don't get away, she'll take you to her playhouse.

~~~~~~

So, while this may seem MLP centric, it's not.  Anyone and everyone is welcome!  If you want to leave, set your home to Cape, because the portal's awfully high.

Also, watch out for the neon pink thing in the mines.  She's EXTREMELY fond of the new players to her little game.  Oh yeah, and she doesn't like water.

~~~~~~

Screenies!

Isn't she just ADORABLE?
Welcome to the game :)
Her little "theater."

Le download -> http://www.mediafire.com/?s9dynp5dtrm5fh8

NOTE- I'm currently working on the next version of this map (there's going to be a lot more stuff :D)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Szechi

Winged wolves are rare- so rare, that many believe they've fallen into extinction.  The Institute doesn't believe this.  They've found what they think is a winged wolf's den.  So, what do they do?  That's right- they set up around-the-clock observation.

Sure enough, this is a winged wolf den.  Not only that, but it's also the only den where ALL of the pups have wings.  Sometimes, pups won't develop wings; instead, they get enhanced senses.  

One night, a litter of winged wolf pups is stolen.  They are taken to "The Institute," which wants to run tests on them.  One pup, named by the scientists Perri, is kept away from testing because of her color.  Instead, she is merely collared and injected with a chemical that blinds her during the day.

Somehow, at night, she escaped and ran off to Szechi, a large forest.  Here, she happened to find another pack of winged wolves, who have yet to be discovered by the Institute.  However, Perri still has a tracking device on her, and now, the Institute wants her back- along with whoever else they find.

~~~~~~

Forest map, nothing really special about it. It drops off into a HUGE body of water (can't decide if I want it to be a lake or an ocean).  There's a portal that takes you to the Institute (that map is being made by someone else since I suck at making buildings and stuff); that's in the top right corner of the map.  On the water's edge, there's a few beach caves.  Ducks often come and explore the caves, especially the curious young ones c:

Screenie tiem!

The main tree that the pack stays in.  It's an old oak and the branches are sturdy.  Also, it's hard to see anyone on the branches from the ground.
The portal to the Institute (When that comes, I'll add an update!)
Beach cave + Ducklings = D'AWWWWWWWWWW

Le download- PRIVATE (You can only get it if you join my RP ^^))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Facility

Greatly inspired by Muser's Animal Testing Facility map, I decided to try and make my own.  It's on an island in the middle of a lake, and the only way to get to it (without getting soaked) is to cross a long stone bridge.  Surrounding the facility is a thick oak forest, then, over a slight ridge, you'll find sand.  As it turns out, this used to be a bustling vacation spot.  You could chill on the beach, then when you got tired of that, you could duck into the forest.  The government bought the land, designated it private property, and building a testing facility.  

If you do manage to escape, venturing into the forest is your best bet for escape.  There's two different places you can go- there's a couple of large, abandoned dens that are hidden by fallen trees.  Another option is to head to one of the beaches.  There are four huts on one of the beaches, each one able to hold two or three animals.  

Eeyup, screenies.
These are the huts on the beach ^^
This is where the Facility does force breedings.  It's awful, really :c
The outside dens for the larger animals
Some of the cages for the smaller animals (Both sides of this room have cages.)

Le download- http://www.mediafire.com/?7ugifde7rsip8r5
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 06:44:57 pm by Zarorah »

Offline Zarorah

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
    • the turmblrs
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 01:46:26 am »
-Hold-
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 03:40:07 pm by Zarorah »

Offline faithsangel

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 02:06:24 am »
omg i love it

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 11:44:01 am »
I would love to explore your map and try escape from Pinkie, or maybe even join her if possible ^^ These sorts of things i love. When i download the map, i hope im able to find Pinkie and rp :D

Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline angry+mad

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 08:42:37 pm »
Omg I loveit!! I love the Pinkie char ^^ Wish I could have it :3I love these kinds of maps.Im am defintley gonna try and escape from her.Aweomse,magnificaent,cool,spectacular job!

Offline Emberflame

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 27
    • WatcherMagic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 10:11:34 pm »
I love ur maps :)

Offline Dysteria

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Virgo All The Way
    • View Profile
    • The Amizian Terra
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 01:51:43 am »
Two words ~
PURE EPICNESS
[/b][/u][/i][/glow]
Help InfernoScale grow!! She's a teenager nao!

Offline Zarorah

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
    • the turmblrs
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 07:22:18 pm »
Unfortunately, the preset for Pinkie got messed up, so I had to remake it out of regular markings.  I gotta say, though, it still turned out pretty well!

Offline Zarorah

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
    • the turmblrs
Re: Zar's Wonderful World of Maps *UPDATED 7/7/12*
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2012, 04:51:56 pm »
UPDATE: New Map has been uploaded! :D