Author Topic: Can We Clear The Air?  (Read 962 times)

Offline Zarorah

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • And if you believe in me, then stand and fight
    • View Profile
    • the turmblrs
Can We Clear The Air?
« on: June 17, 2012, 03:38:33 am »
Okay, so, a while ago, my friend (who is really, really smart when it comes to computers) told me that the game was slowing down my computer and that it was also having the same effect as a virus on my core.

I told him that the game is completely safe, that I only download things from websites I trust, and that it didn't really slow down my laptop all that much. 

Now, I have the game installed on my desktop, which runs Vista, I believe.  It has a dual core, so I did the whole "assign one core to the game" thing, and the game works like a charm.  I was forced to uninstall the game from my laptop, which didn't make me very happy.

Is there any way that I can convince my friend to let me reinstall the game?  I can't always get on the desktop to play it.  How can I let him know that this game doesn't mean trouble, and that it is just that; a game?
[Insert some kind of image that still needs to be made here]

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
Re: Can We Clear The Air?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 03:50:33 am »
Perhaps you could try to simply explain that FH is perfectly harmless if downloaded from the official FH site (here) only. So many users play it each day that it would be impossible for a virus to get through without hundreds of complaints.

Of course you could also try to PM an admin to confirm it aswell.

Offline Zarorah

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • And if you believe in me, then stand and fight
    • View Profile
    • the turmblrs
Re: Can We Clear The Air?
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 04:14:46 am »
I'll bring it up to him the next time I get a chance to talk.  He's not on Skype right now and I don't feel like texting him.  And I might PM a admin too, then let him see the messages.
[Insert some kind of image that still needs to be made here]