Author Topic: When i work on the map! (Lag Prob)  (Read 1212 times)

Offline m4rl33n

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • AHHH! WATER, I'M A KITTY NOT A LIFE VEST!!
    • View Profile
    • A New Life, A new Roleplay.
When i work on the map! (Lag Prob)
« on: June 18, 2012, 05:38:39 pm »
Well i have made a gigantic map once again and it makes LOADS AND LOADS Of lag. I tried taking the water reflection away but it's still
LAG CITY!
Well any suggestions how to take the lag down?
~~m4rl33n~~
Remember floofies! Need any help pm me!
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=xXRelicaXx

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Re: When i work on the map! (Lag Prob)
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 05:53:07 pm »
It may just be caused by how much stuff is in your map. I downloaded a map that's like that and taking off water reflection doesnt work. I personally don't know anything you can do but soon enough Cloudfish is gonna post some awesome answer that will probably fix your problem lol. All I do in laggy maps is have my head slightly tilted towards the sky so there isnt lag and i can still kinda see what's in front of me.

You are amazing <3

CloudFish

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 05:57:41 pm »
Lol Bloo.

View distance and water reflection should be off or at minimum. Can also try changing your rendering subsystem. Windows likes Direct3D9.

But like Bloo said, if there is too much stuff in your map, there ain't much you can do but get rid of a few things.

(If you're using the flower bunch, take it out, one of the biggest lag-worthy things you can add to a map).

Thierry

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 06:11:19 pm »
The most laggy objects are objects with high amount of poligons, and high resolution textures.
To know what meshes are the most laggyest ones, search in your feralHeart for all meshes (typing *.mesh), organize the meshes by size and the ones with the biggest size are the most laggy ones. Same goes for textures.

Also you can open the map maker in an empty map, and put 1 object repeated times to know how it lags that object.