Author Topic: Minecraft help?  (Read 1065 times)

Offline SilentWolf91

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Minecraft help?
« on: June 19, 2012, 09:39:46 am »
I currently am interested in playing Minecraft but i dont want to buy it in case i dont like it. So i tried playing the classic multiplayer browser game, its free so thats why. Unfortunately i keep getting an error saying........
"org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated"

I tried searching around the Minecraft site but i couldnt find anywhere to post. I use Firefox and tried Internet Explorer but the same thing keeps happening. When i try to load some of the links to post a help topic i keep getting this error constantly which stops the page from loading. Wondering if you FH people would care to assist me? I would love to play Minecraft, it sounds so cool :D

Thanks!

~Silent

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft help?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 02:09:18 am »
If a plain restart of the computer does not cut it, this is probably some sort of indication that your video card itself, or the drivers for it is out of date and needs an update.

So installing new drivers for your graphics card or even just trying it on a newer computer should do the trick for you.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline SilentWolf91

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 10:07:54 am »
Thanks for replying Red :)

Is it possible that im getting this error because its just because a browser game? If i had all the files from the download would i be able to play without the error?

EDIT: Im sorry i didnt mean to post that many replies, i had an error and i didnt think it posted.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 10:13:24 am by SilentWolf91 »

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 02:20:06 pm »
Well since it's minecraft in web browser you can never really know, maybe you'd need to update your java as well. But in general I think that has something to do with your graphics card.

I'd still suggest trying to install/update drivers for your graphics card though or switch computer all together and see if it works on another one.
Former community manager of FeralHeart