Author Topic: In-game maps (I know we have these, its about something different, just look!)  (Read 3465 times)

Offline Emberflame

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 27
    • WatcherMagic
    • View Profile
I'm not sure where to begin on this, and plz don't get angry at me, I'm just stating meh opinion. I'm just going to say I've been slightly disappointed with some of the most recent maps added to the game. For starters: when the game first came out, we had Bonfire, Flourite, Temple, etc. Now we have had several new maps added, such as South Pole, Atlantis, and Last Cave. (I know we have more added then this, I'm just narrowing it down to specific maps.) We have more maps, but the new maps are much more boring than the old ones. For example:

Flourite Plains includes:

-A large lake/ocean with 2 islands to hang out on
-Random structures and several portals to other maps
-Dens, mountains to climb, places to rp, etc.

South Pole includes:

-One cave you can't even enter
-2 portals
-Hills and weather

It seems that the ppl making these maps just aren't putting enough effort in. Yes, if the maps included more, the wait would be longer, and they could lag, but here's my reasoning:

-You don't have to put so much in it lags, just a few fun structures and such to make the map interesting, maybe a little more than Atlantis.
-Who said maps have to be fast? A longer wait, but a funner map, and to me, that's worth it.
-People hang out in Flourite Plains so much, none of the other maps have much to offer. Make a few other maps like Flourite, and people might spread out and make it so there's less bad tokens.

All I ask is that whoever creates in-game maps puts a little more effort forward to make this game a little more fun again. I don't mean to offend, I'm just stating an opinion.

Offline Haruki

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • "Better to be carried by six than tried by twelve"
    • View Profile
    • CatalinaPacks
There is always a way to improve upon anything. But I see where your coming from.
How about FH holds a public map remake contest, and whoever does the best job at remaking the map chosen will get it made public? With as little lag for as much interest as possible.

Just a thought.

Offline Dafniforfree

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • .:Let's be heros in our own destiny:.
    • View Profile
Yeah that's a great idea :D...But we haave to use only FH items :)....I love the idea of another map contest.

Offline GaaraRocks!

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 26
    • View Profile
however just using FH meshes can be boring. Imagine Atlantis with actual reefs ect. South Pole with more then just ice and the same tree's. People get bored with the same meshes used in maps. Thats why many make their own to make the maps better. As long as the meshes are low poly they shouldn't lag the maps.

Offline Dafniforfree

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
I know and I would agree but don't know :I

Offline Emberflame

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • WatcherMagic
    • View Profile
I love the idea of a contest, and I agree with GaaraRocks :) should we PM Raksha the idea? Just a thought

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
Rak$ha doesn't have anything to do with making maps public or official. Just clearing that up before I give my opinion.

I completely agree with you. The newer maps (made by Kov, btw) are sloppy and seem like zero effort was put into them, with the exceptions of Ascension Island and Sky's Rim.
Hopefully we'll get some newer, better maps put in soon... -hint-
But really, all we can do is hope.

Offline Dafniforfree

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
I feel awkward to ask but who is Raksha?

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
Rak$ha- former forum head admin.
Really if you'd like to PM anyone about this, it should be Red or Delay. Though I'm positive they're already entirely aware, so there's no need.

Offline Emberflame

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • WatcherMagic
    • View Profile
I know that, but Raksha is in charge of the forum (or maybe was? the word former gives me a hint) and would be the one to organize a contest.