Author Topic: Item Making  (Read 1105 times)

Offline preshus30

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: -1
    • View Profile
    • Hot Maps
Item Making
« on: June 23, 2012, 01:33:55 am »
I did a search and it came up with nothing. So i was wondering if anyone could tell me how Item making works. Items as in like the Christmas hat. if theres a GOOD tutorial about it if someone could give me the link that would be great :D

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Re: Item Making
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 02:13:06 am »
Its just like making a mesh, you need to model a 3D object, export it then code it to fit your character properly. What i would do is import the feline or canine model into the program then build the object around it. Then delete the canine/feline model and export as a .mesh, place the item mesh, textures and .material file into the "items" folder and you can code by following this tutorial.

https://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=17302.0
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline preshus30

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • Hot Maps
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 04:11:22 am »
Its just like making a mesh, you need to model a 3D object, export it then code it to fit your character properly. What i would do is import the feline or canine model into the program then build the object around it. Then delete the canine/feline model and export as a .mesh, place the item mesh, textures and .material file into the "items" folder and you can code by following this tutorial.

https://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=17302.0

Once again, thank ingredient for the wonderful help :3 I'll just have to do my best because 3Ds doesnt read the .skeleton files.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 04:13:33 am by Preshus30 »

Offline Ingredient

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 04:34:36 am »
.skeleton files are the animation files i think. Its just the .mesh files you will need to worry about. I can export the .mesh models for you as .3Ds if it makes it any easier :)

Offline preshus30

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • Hot Maps
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 04:10:47 am »
.skeleton files are the animation files i think. Its just the .mesh files you will need to worry about. I can export the .mesh models for you as .3Ds if it makes it any easier Smiley

Could you please cause i try to import them 3Ds doesnt have a .MESH option on the import screen

Offline Ingredient

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 08:40:05 am »
Ill PM you later on.