Author Topic: Is FH dying?  (Read 8452 times)

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
Re: Is FH dying?
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2012, 07:27:51 pm »
Actually, there are plenty of active role-playing groups. It is a pity when they don't stay for long though, especially when there's an excellent site and plot all set up. But I suppose that nothing lasts forever.

However, what is dying within FeralHeart is intelligence. Granted, it never used to be inhabited by the most luminous of people, but the quality of the intellect has dropped in the past few months (quite probably because of all the inexperienced people joining and the experienced people leaving). All you have to do is sit in Fluorite and you'll notice.

Kyaine

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2012, 03:07:07 am »
I can't seem to find anyone that will talk to me, I have been playing for a week and getting no where, its pretty dead.

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2012, 03:27:47 am »
It's sad that experienced people have beem leaving!

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Specialized in FeralHeart Maps,Presets,Objects,Mods,Markings,Textures and MORE.
Video Maker and more!

Kyaine

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2012, 03:30:04 am »
It is indeed. Maybe they leave because it gets boring after awhile.

Offline Zuriah

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Not the best, but is there a best?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2012, 06:06:27 pm »
Boring? My tail! lol Anyways, it HAS been getting a bit.. dead, especially up in the General chat, where you normally have to shut it off. I think that it may be because, lately, i've witnessed ALOT of complaints and accusations reffering or concerning Powerplaying~or~GodModdin'.

wolffoxalliance

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2012, 06:18:09 pm »
dying?i believe its lively than ever and is annoying for some reason because of the bad tokens that i get everytime i go in Fluorite Plains.As about my group..well...i just leave it if it hasnt shown any life sign or make another char and look for other rp.And Kyaine,when i first started to play FH i thinked the same as you.You just need to get used.

Milk and Cookiez

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2012, 09:18:51 pm »
I dont believe it's dieing. ((Though I could be wrong since I haven't been playing not even a month. LOL))  Everytime I walk into Flourite, if it's not 6 in the morning or past midnight, flourite and bonfire's population is already past 150. And you must remember, even if you dont see much in public places, there are private maps for rp groups. Some of the people are there, away from the main part. For the rp's coming and going, to have a successful rp you must have a very active leader. If the leader isn't on, even if you have over 9000 members (<-- Fail. e_e) they're all going to eventually leave or stop coming on that character because of that. On world of warcraft, I once had my own rp group, and people would whisper me saying something like they wanna join because i'm the most active. ((You know what's strange? It was a warrior cats rp. Everyone was druids. XD But thats not the point.)) One day, I went on vacation for a month, notifying everyone that I would be gone for a while, and when I came back there were only two members out of fifty still in the guild.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 09:20:27 pm by Milk and Cookiez »

Offline Hitomi

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2012, 10:59:02 pm »
No, Feral heart is not dying and if it was then a lot of  us may not get a lot of bad tokens when entering flourite plains. However I do agree with some of the people's posts about the role play wise, A lot of role plays  especially Literate, realistic pride ones. (And now somewhat of literate realistic wolf role plays) are mostly somewhat dead or just not recruiting unless your lucky enough to find that good role play that is not actually recruiting for new members.

Yes, I know that some of you would say "Make a group." But! It is not easy, making a group. There are some of us who has the patience to make a group and handle it, have the responsibly to try to make everyone happy in the group and try to make it active as much as they can. As well as make it  the way they want it to be. Whatever, it is literate un-literate, semi-literate, realistic or not.

And there are some who just can't handle all of that pressure/patience of leading an entire group role play. So some of us seek out literate mapped role plays or none mapped, realistic or not. Role plays and see if that group can qualify our needs in staying in the group and hope that it will not die.  But due to the lack of literate role plays in the game... Especially African/Pride role plays some of us, like some of my friends will semi-quit feral heart or just will not return. I seen some good role literate lion role plays that are mapped or so... But they have not been lasting long maybe about for 3 weeks if lucky or a week and "BAM!" everyone is simply off offline since the first day the group recruited and refuse to come on until the leader comes on. The leader gives up on the group  might be one of these:

The leader gives up on the group because every-time he or she recruit the players do not come back on for awhile, a good while.

I already said this before... The leader thought she or he had what  it takes to lead a good role play... But does not and abandons the group.

When the leader is looking for members, just started the group. For let's say a lion role play, looking for literate and active members. Making a good advertisement about his or her group... Let's say she or he only got three or at least five people to join her group. Usually it's more then five or three people... But ever since... ((I might offend half of you, I have nothing against this type of role play.) Warriors started spawning into feral heart, a lot of players kind of switched over and join warriors or wolf role plays.  The lion or African role plays are slowly dying little by little. Experienced members switched over to warriors or wolf role plays or may have quit feral heart...  because it is boring after a while.

They know they can make a map, but some of us does not have the patience to even make a map, and if we do make a map, we get whispers like "How big is the map? Is it detailed or not?" They know they can make presets but no one will probably jump on DA besides the users friend to download the preset in order to see them in-game with the preset. You can explore feral heart, yeah we know that and it gets boring after you explore everywhere in feral heart unless you download a public four world map and some leave because of the server lag/issues or no content/patch update. We know that the mods have no control over the game and they try their best to keep us to date each month.  Sorry for the long post...

Offline bbyinu

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
    • https://www.deviantart.com/murde
    • https://www.tumblr.com/blog/view
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2012, 12:17:50 am »
I sure hope it isn't dying! I love this game!!

CloudFish

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2012, 01:26:15 am »
Won't quote you entirely Kairi, because that'd make this more long than it needs be.

I'll say this because I feel it should be voiced by both those wanting to join, and those that have things to be joined.

I think I've had my roleplay up for about three weeks. And we've been roleplaying, and I'm satisfied I've had 100 or more users come through that proboards account. The problem? No one wants to stick around. People say they want a long-term roleplay, but when it comes to actually having one that /is/ long-term, and though it may not be an every day thing, people don't seem to want it.

People seem to want their roleplays spur of the moment. They want the leader on when they are, they want the entire roleplay to be going at all times while they're on, oh but wait, they don't want to have to be there for the roleplay when its going on if it interferes with other things, the day after they joined.

I see what you mean about leaders giving up; but there comes cases where leaders are put into the position of: "I'm doing what I can, I'm trying to please everyone, but these guys won't do their part and show up." And so, this type of outlook would cause someone to quit. It's even harder for a multi-grouped roleplay. You have to worry about all the groups in the map being active to take part in the roleplay; and not just your own.

point of the above is to say, it's no more fault for the ones attempting to make the roleplays work than it is for the people who are looking for these roleplays. You complain about inactivity, but don't you realize that you the member base makes up this inactivity?

Feral Heart isn't dying. It's not connecting or making chains between users.