Author Topic: Preset request  (Read 4485 times)

Offline elektricroze

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Do not Fear, For Fear is an Illusion
    • View Profile
Preset request
« on: July 07, 2012, 09:15:58 pm »
Hi, Im looking for a nice preset. I would like something dark, and magical. Something that says, "ME"
I'm a wiccan from hungary. I like to have a dark side with a touch of a soft side. I am a fighter, and tend to usually be the "wise one" In most clans/packs. I do not mind canine or feline. I am female.
Please, I would absolutely love one.  ;D

Thank you for at LEAST looking at this :) 
Signature by Me

nyxghostrider

Re: Preset request
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 10:35:45 pm »
-gasp- im a wiccan to :D -high fives-

Offline kaylaserket

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 11:35:16 pm »
Do you have a sketch of what you are looking for? Or a more detailed description? If you can upload a sketch or a detailed description I might be able to make it :)

Offline elektricroze

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 03:48:35 am »
Woo *highfives Nyx*
No I dont Kayla sorry, but for a more detailed idea, I was thinking something dark themed and "witchy" lol. Perhaps one leg has a wrap of some sort, a pentagram by her rump on one side. Pointy ears, glowing eyes, perhaps purple, sometype of markings by her eyes. I kind of want a scary feel but still shows she has a heart. Mystical/scary/dark. Anything. Not asking for anything super fancy.
Signature by Me

Offline kaylaserket

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 04:10:48 am »
Does this look good? Is there anything you want to change? (The colors, markings?) If I can get it to work, all areas that are not black will be glowing. I think for the code it will be easier to have similar coloring on the head, body and tail like it is shown in the picture. Otherwise the glowing won't look right.
And what do you want for the mane and wings? I can do any color mane and for the wings or I can make the wings invisible if you want. And do you want to use a texture? I can use the default canine or feline texture.
Tell me what you think of that sketch and if there is anything you want changed. If you like it, I can make it :)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 03:13:46 pm by kayla »

Offline elektricroze

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 07:02:35 pm »
I really like what you drew up here, though I would like the nose to be a little more normal coloring, if that's fine. For the mane, maybe like the eyecover, two-toned? Invisible wings sound great and texture would be great. For the leg, I like the pattern is it going to be glowing? If not can we make it look like a bit of a scar. Other wise I love it from head to toe :) Good Karma is coming your way. :D

Also what do you use to make presets? I would like to start making some or even items. :)
Signature by Me

Offline kaylaserket

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 07:42:35 pm »
So like a black nose? And for the mane like half purple half pink? And I can try to get the leg markings and pentagram glowing but I haven't learned the code yet but I think the glow in the dark code will work. Do you want the leg marking to be on one front leg or both? And do you want the pentagram to be on both sides or just one side?
I use GIMP (www.gimp.org) for presets, it's a lot like photoshop. That picture was made on a wolf maker on deviantart so it will look a little different. To make presets, I use the pictures in the reference folder in my_presets. There are several good preset tutorials on this forum.
As for items, that is a lot harder to make them from scratch. You have to get several programs like Blender, Python, an Ogre mesh converter and a mesh exporter. I haven't figured out how to do items yet because it is hard to work with Blender. For that reason, I just stick to preset making using GIMP.

Offline elektricroze

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 08:08:11 pm »
@ kelex Thats actually a nice wolf but that is Link from the game Zelda the Twilight Princess.

@ Kayla Yes thats fine. Also if you can't get them to glow, that's alright. This is my first preset, and Im very excited to see it come out.  The leg markings can be on both, and the pentagram just on one side.
GIMP? I'll check it out, I would be interesting in doing those kind of things. I have a DA as well but don't use it cause it doesn't work well on my computer. Thank you for the info as well.
Signature by Me

Offline kaylaserket

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2012, 08:45:00 pm »
I think I got the glowing to work :) I'm on the head right now. And the pentagram will be on one side. For the tail I used the wolf tail as a reference so the blue part on the feline tails don't show up as well. For the texture, do you want me to use the default canine or feline texture? Both feline and canine will have that texture so do you have a preference? And the moon marking on the head: one side or both?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 08:56:53 pm by kayla »