Author Topic: ~ Verisimilitude ~ [Literate, Semi-realistic, Canine]  (Read 2308 times)

Offline Heir

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
~ Verisimilitude ~ [Literate, Semi-realistic, Canine]
« on: July 11, 2012, 12:34:35 am »
Welcome to Verisimilitude!

We are a literate canine roleplay with both a forum and a unique plot. Our forum has most of the information you'll need if you'd like to join, but here are a few things about us! If you're interested in joining us, read on to find our forum link. We are currently mapless, but will have a map in the works as soon as I can get my computer to stop flailing around and install my graphics tablet properly. >8U In the meantime, we are stationed in Fluorite. We may use a public map temporarily in the future if I still haven't got the map started.

Ilithuir

Ilthuir is the land Verisimilitude is set in. It is currently under the rule of the Old Gods, with the Halcyon wolves protecting its several Shrines under the Gods' jurisdiction. It is split into three districts - Vaturdul, Manai and Cauarch.

Halcyon

There is a pack led by a leader with a white pelt purer than life itself. This is Halcyon - the pack that lives to give life. They protect the Gods' separate Shrines from those who wish to destroy them at the cost of their own lives, each Shrine having its own Blessed Group to guard it.

Halcyon follow the Old Gods' lifestyle with dignity and grace, considering themselves pure, and at peace.

It is a great honour for a wolf be Blessed by one of the Old Gods, and any Blessed individual is held in very high regards. It is for this reason that the Harbinger is so highly respected. They are chosen by the Old Gods, not put into power by fighting amongst themselves. There is rarely a fight within Halcyon.

Youths are also highly regarded. They are very carefully raised by the Augurs and taught all the old lore surrounding the Gods.

Halcyon resides within the Manai district of Ilithuir.

Ranks

Harbinger

The leader of the pack. There is only one Harbinger who can be either male or female. They are chosen by their respective Gods upon the previous Harbinger's death, and upon being Blessed, their pelts lose all colour and turn to eiher the purest white or the darkest black to show their rank. Their Blessing depends upon their personality. The Harbinger is very respected.

Legate

There can be any number of Legates, but typically there are two. They are the Harbinger's most trusted, taking care of the pack when the leader isn't there. They often help delegate tasks between the Militants and lead hunts and battles.

Militant

The everyday warriors of the pack. They perform the menial tasks, such as hunt in groups for the pack, guard the shrines, scout out territory, et cetera. The more seasoned and trusted Militants are chosen to mentor new Trainees.

Augur

There are usually only one or two Augurs, Blessed with knowledge so vast, it renders them blind. They do not fight, instead preferring to advise the Harbinger and teach Youths all the stories and lore surrounding the Old Gods.

Oracle

The Oracle is Blessed with visions. Often, the Gods will send them prophecies through these visions, but are usually very picky about how and when they send them. This wolf does not fight.

Trainee

Any wolf under the wing of one of the more seasoned Militants. They learn how to fight, how to hunt and how to act from their mentor Militant. In order to rank up from Trainee to Militant, they undergo a test of potency, held annually. If a Trainee fails to pass the test of potency, they remain as a Trainee and can try again next year (one week = one month. The test is held every twelve weeks).

Youths

Pretty much what it says on the tin. Youths must remain within the den areas with their mother for at least a week (real-time), before being passed on to the Augurs to look after for another week. After that, they are grown enough to rank up to Trainee, where they spend their adolescence.

Rules
    • Please don't push us for promotions and higher ranks. You'll be promoted when we believe you're ready for it and deserve it. Long story short, if you aren't active, we won't promote you.
    • Keep your language clean. I personally don't mind swearing to a degree, but keep it in check for any younger members who may not like it.
    • You are allowed a maximum of two characters. Use them wisely. This does not include deceased characters.
    • Please be literate. This should go without saying (a few grammar or spelling errors here and there are fine, obviously).
    • Unless you're participating in the main plotline and have been approved by an Admin to do so, the leader's orders must be followed.
    • If you do not ask for permission/have not been approached by a staff member to participate as a main character during the major plotline, you will be kicked from the group. Permanently.
    • Mating's fine, just... keep it to yourselves if you insist on doing it. Please. We really don't want to know the details. Either PM each other on-site if you must, or Whisper in-game.
    • When privately roleplaying on-site, please name the participants of the roleplay in the thread's title, such as: "[Character/Character] Title Of Thread" or "[Character] Title of Thread [Character]". If you don't mind anybody joining in, please put "[Open]" beside your thread's title. Keeps things clean.
    • When roleplaying on-site, please make sure your posts are at a minimum of 50 words.
    • When roleplaying in-game, posts must be at least one paragraph. We love paragraphs.
    • It's a permanent ban for anybody who is actively hurtful to another. I don't care if your character is a huge jerk, but out-of-character it is not acceptable. Please respect each other!
    • No god-modding, goddamn it. This also goes with no power-playing, et cetera.
    • Do not attack or kill another character without their permission. This is what the Roleplay Discussion board is for on the forum.
    • You must fill out a character profile before you can be approved as an official member of the pack. It lets us check that your character is suitable.
    • When creating your character, your pelt must be realistic. Your markings can be any colour (within reason), as long as it's not neon enough to make everyone's eyes bleed (e.g. Chimera 2 set, bright pink. Please, spare us. o_e).
    • Most imporantly, have fun~!
    Joining Us

Before joining us, please make sure you have read the rules. We really don't enjoy scolding people when they haven't read them, but if that's the case, then by all means, we will scold you. If you're certain you still want to join us, then head on over to our forum, located below.

Click here~!

You'll find everything you need to get you started on creating your character there. Also, please save me from having a mental breakdown and read the character application outline properly. I cannot stress this enough. We are happy to help you out if you're still a little stuck after reading it, but please at least make an effort. Thank you!

We hope to see you in Halcyon soon!

Offline ArashiAndAme

• Dedicated Supporter
    • Floof-O-Meter: 5
      • View Profile
    Re: ~ Verisimilitude ~ [Literate, Semi-realistic, Canine]
    « Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 03:21:26 am »
    hmmm seems intresting I may join..

Offline Patches10559

• Curious Wanderer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 03:32:44 am »
    Seems fun.:)  I might join  :D

Offline Heir

• Forum Newcomer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 03:17:07 pm »
    You're welcome to register on the site if you do decide to join us. C: It has much more information regarding the group itself, such as brief summaries about the Old Gods themselves.

Offline Patches10559

• Curious Wanderer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 03:28:23 pm »
    It is ok if i'm Simi-Literate?

Offline Heir

• Forum Newcomer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 03:44:28 pm »
    To join, you've got to fill out a character application anyway. As long as you make a decent attempt at literacy, chances are, we'll accept you. :3 It all depends on that profile! If we can tell you've put a lot of effort into it, we're more likely to be impressed.

Offline Patches10559

• Curious Wanderer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 03:50:45 pm »
    ok,i'll join  ;D