Author Topic: Updating  (Read 2033 times)

Offline dinosaar

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Updating
« on: July 16, 2012, 06:40:57 pm »
Well, if no one remembers me from my previous post, I have issues with mapserver, i lose connection and fail to connect to mapserver after just moments of gametime. so pretty unplayable. :[
I did many things to try and solve this issue, but nothing worked. So i took my laptop to my mothers and it worked there so it isn't the computer. So i'm guessing its just my internet connection? Is anyone else having this issue and has anyone found a fix for it without have to pay more for a better connection? i'm already helping my dad throw down about $50 for the DSL internet we have so i doubt he'd want to get a more expensive one just so i can play a few online games :( But i'm guessing that is the only thing that would help my case sadly, but you never know right?

Offline Spartathewolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • My Path is Lit for me, and im the one who lit it!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Re: Updating
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 04:37:08 am »
You could always get a seperate sever...like a portable one. It would pick up a strong connection that could only be used by you, unless you give the code to others. If not that then you have crappy severs and need new ones o3o like...new set up like verison or something

Thierry

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 05:36:19 pm »
Server has somme issues when there are a lot of people connected. Like game crashing and filing to connect.

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 06:17:25 pm »
I've noticed that with all the derping that the server has been doing lately-- the better your internet connection is, the easier it is to get in. Maybe try getting in again once the server has been updated and such.

Offline dinosaar

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 06:22:31 pm »
Well the problem has been ongoing for about a week and a half perhaps? can't really remember ;p
And i ran a pingplotter test, i lose 100% packet loss when it gets to the server thats actually the game server i believe, it goes through the others pretty well with few packet losses on a couple.

I don't think its the server in my case, cause when the game is running perfectly fine i still have this problem but i don't have it at my mothers place so i think my internet is just too weak? but does it really take more than the standard dsl to play this game?

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 06:26:12 pm »
It /can/ if the server is being glitchy. I can't even stream radio and do FH at the same time when the server is acting up, but when it's not, I can just fine. So it's possible. My best suggestion to you is to just try again when it's back up. :3

Offline dinosaar

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 06:36:36 pm »
lol well when it comes back up i will be on because im at my mommyz ;D

But i doubt it'll work at my dads place, i live with him, i just visit mi madre.

I've done almost everything possible at getting the game to run xD but every time i go in to try and play, a couple of seconds later i lose connection to mapserver :< and i've tried so many times that im sure it won't work until something drastic (expensive) is done. but im hoping thats not the case.

thankyouz for replying btw <3 i appreciate it :>

Offline dinosaar

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 05:41:51 pm »
lol sorry for the double post, just saw spartathewolfz post. Portable servers arent exactly cheap and even then i don't think its the servers that i use with my isp, pingplotter showz that it shoots through those easily, its the game server my internet connection is having issues with, like its too weak but my question is does everyone playing this game have something better than dsl? or are their other people with dsl that can play and if so are they having issues like this? what kind of uploading and downloading speed do they have so i can compare to mine so i can see if that's the issue, or maybe im not getting the internet speed im paying for? if i had some peepz to compare to to see what im lacking that'd be great :3

Thierry

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 11:43:43 pm »
I currently use a internet of 1Mbit/s, FH game does not consume a huge bandwidth.
I really dont have idea of how to help with this problem, but you can try this:

Get your character in a private map with no much people, you will see if the issue is the connection speed (i dont think so)

you can try closing any other aplication that may use bandwidth, (im having troubles specially with torrent clients)

try to reset your router or modem.

don't use wireless for testing.

Also you can try to borrow a neighbor internet and try to log in, and you will know if the issue is due the internet.

ZombieKitteh

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 03:17:00 am »
If its any help I have Verizon DSL and FH does the same thing to me. It's not my internet though, all my other games load and connect fine. I'm pretty sure it's just a FH server problem. Best hang tight until it gets settled, and then if they problem still happens.. then we can be worried x)