Author Topic: FeralHeart.exe is not responding/has stopped working  (Read 10780 times)

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
Re: FeralHeart.exe is not responding/has stopped working
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2012, 04:34:11 pm »
Often, having the wrong rendering mode can make you crash if your computer doesn't like it. If /anything/ is going to fix your problem, it would probably be what Necro just suggested. If neither systems (OpenGL/Direct3D9) work, you can also try updating DirectX manually. Here's the link for that. I hope you're able to get FH up and running.

DrEvil

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2012, 01:16:22 am »
Often, having the wrong rendering mode can make you crash if your computer doesn't like it. If /anything/ is going to fix your problem, it would probably be what Necro just suggested. If neither systems (OpenGL/Direct3D9) work, you can also try updating DirectX manually. Here's the link for that. I hope you're able to get FH up and running.
I have tried this already from Necromancy and another reply. Thank you for trying. (btw, I also tried doing the directx thing, but still nothing.)

DrEvil

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2012, 01:20:21 am »
I had a similar problem after downloading a map which was in some way faulty. As soon as the smaller code loading window disappeared and the larger one opened up, the screen would go white and tell me "FeralHeart.exe has stopped responding". I tried deleting the map and uninstalling and reinstalling, etc., but nothing worked. In the end I had to manually change my rendering system to OpenGL, since it didn't give me the option to change it on the white crash window that comes up before you start FeralHeart after a crash. You could try doing this.
If, on the white crash page, it does give you the option to change your rendering system there, then go ahead and just change it there.
If not, to manually change it, go into your FeralHeart folder and double click on the "ogre.cfg" file, and change whatever is in there to the following (I can't remember what the original looks like):

Render System=OpenGL Rendering Subsystem
[OpenGL Rendering Subsystem]
Colour Depth=32
Display Frequency=N/A
FSAA=0
Full Screen=No
RTT Preferred Mode=FBO
VSync=No
VSync Interval=1
Video Mode=800 x 600
sRGB Gamma Conversion=No
[Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem]
Allow NVPerfHUD=No
FSAA=None
Floating-point mode=Fastest
Full Screen=No
VSync=No
Video Mode=800 x 600 @ 32-bit colour
sRGB Gamma Conversion=No

Or, if you want to change it from Open to Direct, though I believe Direct is the default, change
"Render System=OpenGL Rendering Subsystem
[OpenGL Rendering Subsystem]"
to "Render System=Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem
[Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem]"

This may or may not work, though it worked for me when I had that problem. No harm in trying, as you can easily change it back (the option to change it back easily should now appear under the white crash window if it didn't before).

Necromancy, I have already tried this; another reply gave me a link to a tutorial. I still am not able to get on. Thank you for all your efforts though.

DrEvil

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2012, 01:21:51 am »
I dont think there is a solution to this, until kovu fixes up the server etc. Its just due to the amount of people on FH at the time, like right now their is about 900 people which is alot, therefore, im not even able to get on. I would just suggest you keep trying, you will get in eventually. Once you get in, try to stay out of packed places like fluorite and bonfire. Your server will run better, or try this: http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=11278.0 . Hope this helped.. a little sorry i couldnt do more dear ^^

~Rawy

I know that Feralheart has been messed up even since 7/14, but I've had this problem for a long time, so trying harder won't really make a difference. After the server has been fixed, I think I would still have the problem because it was there before the server was messed up. But thank you for the tips. If possible, after the server has been fixed, could you please try to figure out a solution to this?

CloudFish

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2012, 01:23:43 am »
You are being sure to save it to your C:Drive yes?

If you make maps; (but I don't think you have, seeing as it seems to have messed up before you even got the option to) double particle files can be found in the particle folder, my_objects, and in the sky folder under media.

Be sure to run the game as an admin.

Arg. I'll keep brainstorming.

Edit: What year is your computer? Windows PC? Mac?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 01:29:57 am by CloudFish »

DrEvil

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2012, 04:56:11 am »
You are being sure to save it to your C:Drive yes?

If you make maps; (but I don't think you have, seeing as it seems to have messed up before you even got the option to) double particle files can be found in the particle folder, my_objects, and in the sky folder under media.

Be sure to run the game as an admin.

Arg. I'll keep brainstorming.

Edit: What year is your computer? Windows PC? Mac?

Yes, I did put it in my C:Drive. No maps since I reinstalled and all. I have a windows PC. And I just tried running as admin, and still nothing. I don't know what's causing this, but thanks for trying to help. Tell me if you come up with more ideas. ^^;Oh right, I don't know what my year my computer is.

DrEvil

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2012, 04:57:32 am »
When does this happen? After choosing a character or at load? If it happens on-load, a duplicate particle or bad object may be causing it. However, if it happens at character selection, it usually means that your character (or more precisely, where the game thinks it is) are corrupted. Also, are there any error messages or OGRE Exceptions accompanying the events?

It happens right after I click the "OK" button on the OGRE Engine Rendering Setup. I have checked my particle file, and I don't think anything is wrong with it. What kind of error messages?

DrEvil

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2012, 04:59:29 am »
I think going to these links may help:

http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=2926.0

http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=2296.0

http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=20925.0%20newwindow

I think the last link may be the fix to your problem

SilverTW, I still can't get FeralHeart to work. Thanks for trying though. And if you find anything else, contact me or reply to this post.

SwedenWolf

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2012, 09:47:12 am »
I've had this problem before. I believe that it may be to do with the amount of people online at the time, as it tends to happen to me in busy periods. Like Raw has said, just keep trying and you will able to get on eventually. But if it still doesn't work after several attempts then you should try what other people have been recommending. :)

DrEvil

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2012, 06:39:38 pm »
I've had this problem before. I believe that it may be to do with the amount of people online at the time, as it tends to happen to me in busy periods. Like Raw has said, just keep trying and you will able to get on eventually. But if it still doesn't work after several attempts then you should try what other people have been recommending. :)

I have tried it without a lot of users online, but still no use. And I do try several attempts a day, and nothing. Also, I tried ALL their suggestions..and I got nothing. I'm just really tired of this, but thanks for replying. :/