Author Topic: FeralHeart.exe is not responding/has stopped working  (Read 10819 times)

DrEvil

FeralHeart.exe is not responding/has stopped working
« on: July 20, 2012, 09:11:12 pm »
FeralHeart has been giving me this message a week after I installed it. When I open it, it just turns black and gives me the message. A month ago, I could still get on after restarting my computer. Now, I can't get on even if I restart it. I have re-installed it three times, yet it still doesn't work. And yes, I did delete the folder when I uninstalled it. I looked through the big help forum, and other posts. I am very well aware that other have this problem. Many of the posts I looked through do not have a resolution. The ones that do have a resolution: I try their way, but doesn't work. I have tried as hard as I can to fix it myself, but I just can't get it. Can someone please come up with a solution for me? Thank you for taking your time to read this.

Offline RawSyndicate

• Bagged Milk
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
  • OG Floofins
    • View Profile
    • DA: RawSyndicate
Re: FeralHeart.exe is not responding/has stopped working
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 09:24:39 pm »
I dont think there is a solution to this, until kovu fixes up the server etc. Its just due to the amount of people on FH at the time, like right now their is about 900 people which is alot, therefore, im not even able to get on. I would just suggest you keep trying, you will get in eventually. Once you get in, try to stay out of packed places like fluorite and bonfire. Your server will run better, or try this: http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=11278.0 . Hope this helped.. a little sorry i couldnt do more dear ^^

~Rawy

DrEvil

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 02:57:02 am »
(:
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 01:24:45 am by Jenny »

Offline CreamWolf

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • OG Island Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 06:17:23 am »
When does this happen? After choosing a character or at load? If it happens on-load, a duplicate particle or bad object may be causing it. However, if it happens at character selection, it usually means that your character (or more precisely, where the game thinks it is) are corrupted. Also, are there any error messages or OGRE Exceptions accompanying the events?

He will eat your LAVENDER cookies.
#BlameRingo

DrEvil

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 09:19:42 pm »
c:
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 04:58:17 am by Jenny »

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Specialized in FeralHeart Maps,Presets,Objects,Mods,Markings,Textures and MORE.
Video Maker and more!

Offline EmeraldDreams

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 10:27:18 pm »
I have been having this problem as well. :/ Right after the Kovu Works and Orge slides it crashed.  There are no duplicated objects, particles or meshes.

Please click me.

DrEvil

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 04:22:40 am »
Actually, Emerald Dreams, I can't even get THERE.

DrEvil

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 04:31:01 am »
<3.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 05:01:36 am by Jenny »

Offline Necromancy

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • How about a necromancy trick?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2012, 10:51:56 am »
I had a similar problem after downloading a map which was in some way faulty. As soon as the smaller code loading window disappeared and the larger one opened up, the screen would go white and tell me "FeralHeart.exe has stopped responding". I tried deleting the map and uninstalling and reinstalling, etc., but nothing worked. In the end I had to manually change my rendering system to OpenGL, since it didn't give me the option to change it on the white crash window that comes up before you start FeralHeart after a crash. You could try doing this.
If, on the white crash page, it does give you the option to change your rendering system there, then go ahead and just change it there.
If not, to manually change it, go into your FeralHeart folder and double click on the "ogre.cfg" file, and change whatever is in there to the following (I can't remember what the original looks like):

Render System=OpenGL Rendering Subsystem
[OpenGL Rendering Subsystem]
Colour Depth=32
Display Frequency=N/A
FSAA=0
Full Screen=No
RTT Preferred Mode=FBO
VSync=No
VSync Interval=1
Video Mode=800 x 600
sRGB Gamma Conversion=No
[Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem]
Allow NVPerfHUD=No
FSAA=None
Floating-point mode=Fastest
Full Screen=No
VSync=No
Video Mode=800 x 600 @ 32-bit colour
sRGB Gamma Conversion=No

Or, if you want to change it from Open to Direct, though I believe Direct is the default, change
"Render System=OpenGL Rendering Subsystem
[OpenGL Rendering Subsystem]"
to "Render System=Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem
[Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem]"

This may or may not work, though it worked for me when I had that problem. No harm in trying, as you can easily change it back (the option to change it back easily should now appear under the white crash window if it didn't before).