11 (73.3%)
Sure, but it depends how good it i f I join or not
3 (20%)
Naah I wouldnt join but it might be right for others
0 (0%)
NO DONT FRICKIN MAKE IT
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: What do you guys think of a Fighting Arena Rp?  (Read 4864 times)

Offline jesija

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 49
  • No, seriously?
    • View Profile
What do you guys think of a Fighting Arena Rp?
« on: July 25, 2012, 12:06:22 am »
Now, look. This might be a bit un-original, but I want to put a twist to it. This will be in-game by the way~
You've seen the new fighting circle they have going on in Ficho Tunnel, right? Most of the roleplay there is medicore at best, with lots of powerplaying and just god awful roleplaying...
So, what if I made a map of a fighting arena (and maybe little living areas for our chara's to live in or to hang out) and make a LITERATE roleplay group centered around the fights? I won't post too many details, but the roleplay will be more fleshed out than just 'lie in a circle and fight'. There will be medics, a system for fighting, hosts, different fighting events and styles...
Also, I noticed only the dogs or the wolves got to fight. A tiger once wanted to join in and they just shrugged him off.
So we'll be adding wolfs, dogs, and felines to the fights as well.
Also, other questions I would like to ask you, the roleplayers:
Should we allow pups to fight?
Should it be more realistic or fantasy-ish (like you can use elemental powers and such)

Keep in mind that this will be a literate roleplay, so it wont include the god-moding, powerplay, and just awful roleplay you see in the one in Ficho. So how about it?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 12:07:58 am by FusedHearts »
Siggie is not mine O_O
But the avvie is. So please dun steal it ;~;

Offline ShadowClasher

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • I'm the biggest Butt-tuba
    • View Profile
Re: What do you guys thinks of a Fighting Arena Rp?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 05:15:15 am »
Ehh, I would say no pups. You can of course by all means. Just a suggestion. Powers are oki I guess as long as they are limited and not used for powerplaying. Good luck with the rp!! :)

*wink wink*

?  There's this little thing called love ?

Offline Unspeakable

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 06:04:05 am »
I am into the "Fight Dog/Wolf" RolePlays at the moment. I would love to join this [If you make it]. I would say let pups fight, but maybe with other pups only. If they take on a big old dog then yeah I want to place my bets on the bigger dog. I would also say, "No Powers". Powers make people sometimes want to go all "God mode" and stuff. I would find this very usefull. I have to agree the "One line sentences" for the fighting is driving my head nuts. I must type 3 or more sentences for me to RolePlay or I won't at all. This opens up for the people who do know how to RolePlay greatly share their words with others of the same typing skill I guess you can call it. Having places to chill and stuff would be new and neat as well. I have never seen a cat in a battle so it would be new. Having medics and other people to host the fights like you said would be very amazing. Maybe there is a crowd of people cheering them on or something. You decide. I have been thinking about making a map for the dog fights, but I can't right now. Seeing this in a map would be just wonderful. If you do make it can you please tell me or something lolz. My user is Unspeakable and my wolf character is Cavy. Thanks and good luck if you do make this.  :D

Offline jesija

• Finest Floof
  • No, seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 02:35:18 pm »
@Joshua, the reason I was so iffy about pups is because I almost never see a literate person roleplay a pup. Also because it would be unfair for the pup.
@ Darkstar, glad you would like to join ^_^ Yeah, you're right about how the pups should go against pups, or cubs against cubs when it comes to cats. In the fights I see in Ficho, there were absolutely no powers and if you did use one, but fairly, you got called a powerplayer. So I might not include powers, but my idea was to have powers toned down a lot (fireballs and little waves alot) and seperate the characters who have powers from the ones that dont. Meaning a powerless wolf wont go against a firebreathing dog xD I will ponder this some more before I decide to add it.

The literacy is one of things that will make this different from the one in Ficho~ Three sentences or more is usually my rule, so no problem with that. Although the fighting may be a bit difficult if all your character can do is hit the other, I'm pretty sure rpers out there can manage :P And yes, I thought having a little place to chill out or rest after a fight would nice when I noticed all a wolf does after a fight is stand around and wait to be called up again.

Hosts have already been established in the one in Ficho, as in, the host is the one who calls out who fights who, and counts down the fight. The ones sitting beside the host would be the judges. I got the medic idea from when I went to watch the dog fight in Ficho with my character 'Medic', who wasnt really a medic that was just her name, and this fightdog came up to me and asked me to heal her. So Medic's would help. The 'crowd' of people cheering the fighters on will depend if the roleplay gets popular, or if I decide to make it a a public map. That way spectators could in and out, watch and bet, or occasionally join in a fight if they are literate enough.
The height map is already done for this map ^_^ I will tell you when its done and when I open up the roleplay!
Siggie is not mine O_O

Offline Unspeakable

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 03:05:59 pm »
I see what you mean with the fireballs and little waves of whatever. I guess that works, but yeah like you said, only power wolves/dogs/felines with go againest another with powers. Yes, I have seen the hosts, judges and medics in the tunnels as well. Though there are some "popular" people who ALWAYS get to fight. One fight after the other they are up which is a way of cheating I think. Anyways, making the map with an RP group would be best I think because if its public then people who maybe have a lower typing skill might come then drama begins and yeah...I bet [If you make this RP at all] it will be VERY popular. I can always grab some of my literate friends to join if they want.
Heres a good story for you, I was getting really annoyed how everyone would type: "-hits and claws neck-", so what I did is just went all out with this RP paragraph and right after that I said, "Now thats an RP." xD [No bragging intended .3.] And a couple people are like, "Oh my god your so literate." and stuff like that. That I think is what people need to see in as far as they need more than, "-claws and bites neck-". And thanks for the update I guess it is. :D

Offline Karakuri

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • ...with Only My Railgun...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 11:50:11 pm »
I say no to the pups. If they try to fight larger animals, and lose, it wouldn't be fair. But if they won, it'd be powerplaying, you know? So unless you pit pup against cub or something similar, I say no pup fighting.
Anonimousity. It's like we're faceless...but with faces. Do I even logic?

Offline jesija

• Finest Floof
  • No, seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 12:07:26 am »
@Darkstar, what I meant by 'public map' was that people come in and out as they please, but the people who roleplay have to be in the group, know what I'm saying? So people who arent in the roleplay group can't fight, and the people who don't join would be the 'crowd cheering them on'. And cool story bro ^_^
This roleplay is now a official, and the map is almost finished.

@Karakuri, that was my plan originally. I wouldn't pit a pup against a full grown lion, either xD
Siggie is not mine O_O

Offline Unspeakable

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: What do you guys think of a Fighting Arena Rp?
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 12:09:37 am »
Oh okay I get it. And thanks for the update. I see where you are going and I hope that you have a great time on the map. ^-^

Offline Karakuri

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • ...with Only My Railgun...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 02:41:27 am »
I'll definitely join when it's open. I find myself quite literate (if not better than the ones in Ficho) and I'd like to be around people who type like...they're older than three and a half.
Anonimousity. It's like we're faceless...but with faces. Do I even logic?

Offline Night_Fall

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Got questions? Message me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 03:01:58 am »
I would think no to the pups, only because I feel the only way they could "win" a fight is if they powerplay, which is what you were hoping to avoid, yes? Just something to think about. :3

Some say that I'm the cat's pajamas.
And the kitten's mittens.