Author Topic: Favorite Quotes?  (Read 1562 times)

CloudFish

Favorite Quotes?
« on: July 25, 2012, 02:10:07 am »
I love quotes. Especially good ones. It can be from a book, poem, a movie, a speech, anything. If it's got meaning, I'll quote it.

I think in life, there are some quotes you can base your morals around, or even your entire method of living. You can find strength, or a passion for something based on a few words. S'one of the reasons I believe language to be so amazing. Words are powerful.

I think your favorite quotes can tell a lot about you; so, question is, what are yours? And why are they your favorite? Not sure this falls under a "game" per say, so am posting here.

"What a treacherous thing to believe that a person is more than a person."
Pretty self explanatory. I've had this as my signature for a good long while, up until I had to replace it with an ad for my roleplay. Why? People put others on such a pedestal, that it's near ridiculous. We're all people. No better than any other. Life is life. Good example of this; the staff, celebrities, the president/prime minister. Surprise, all people. And yet people still put them up there.

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Quotes?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 02:50:38 am »
I love quotes to. In my bedroom, I have sticky notes that have my favorite quotes. Especially from Dr. Suess. I love Dr. Suess. He's the greatest person to quote, well... A couple are too. But I can't thin of anything besides these:

"A person is a person. No matter how small."
-Horton Hears A Who

"If a person like you, cares an awful lot. Nothing's going to get better. It's not."
-Lorax

"Oh, the places you'll go!"
-The Places You'll Go

"And to think. I saw that on Mullsberry Street."
What did you see on Mullsberry Street
Or whatever it was. It's been like two years since I've read the book.

Offline Night_Fall

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Got questions? Message me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 02:21:49 am »

Some say that I'm the cat's pajamas.
And the kitten's mittens.

Offline Sashastriker

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 02:28:19 am »
"There's more to us than our mistakes"
~Originally from a Skillet song. Just messed with the words a bit to make it what it is ^^;