Author Topic: Failed to connect to server in custom map  (Read 2087 times)

Offline Canbeezy

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Failed to connect to server in custom map
« on: July 26, 2012, 07:13:19 pm »
Hello there,

I know I'll probably get the standard, keep trying it will eventually work answer. So in order to avoid that, I already have. On Sunday evening my rp group and I started having trouble getting into our map. We thought it might be because of the normal sever reset and thought we'd just wait it out. After the server was back online, we still couldn't get into the map, and today is Thursday. We have had no other problems with our other custom maps or the default maps, with the exception of flourite and it's usual lag. So I guess the question is, what gives? I tried re-downloading the map, that didn't work, I've tried waiting as well. The map is unusually big, but I have several other maps that are about the same size and I can log in no problem. Any tips on what we should do? or do we have to wait it out till the next server reset?

Offline Kittycatty

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Partially Gone.
    • View Profile
Re: Failed to connect to server in custom map
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 08:02:04 pm »
Hmmm... Not sure. I had this problem where I was in a map. Then it started lagging and Feralheart crashed. I restarted feralheart, got on that character, but feralheart crashed again. Is it something with the map? I think the servers might be messing up agsin D:

No longer active on the forums, though I do check back once in a while.

Offline Shadow13131

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 08:09:37 pm »
It may be because the map is to big and well made for you to get in, because I can barely ver get into fluorite plains because I'm runnng it on a laptop.

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 08:25:40 pm »
It may be because the map is to big and well made for you to get in, because I can barely ver get into fluorite plains because I'm runnng it on a laptop.

Laptops run FeralHeart Slower than desktop computers, I believe.

Hmmm... Not sure. I had this problem where I was in a map. Then it started lagging and Feralheart crashed. I restarted feralheart, got on that character, but feralheart crashed again. Is it something with the map? I think the servers might be messing up agsin D:

It has to due with the map, but I don't remember what it is called. Just use a different character and try to go back in that map
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 08:28:56 pm by SilverTW »

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Specialized in FeralHeart Maps,Presets,Objects,Mods,Markings,Textures and MORE.
Video Maker and more!

Offline Canbeezy

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 08:36:03 pm »
We've tried that, and the map worked fine for our group last week, none of us have been able to get into it. I've tried with 3 other characters and I've had the same luck :/ This is the only of our maps that isn't working :/

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 08:49:48 pm »
We've tried that, and the map worked fine for our group last week, none of us have been able to get into it. I've tried with 3 other characters and I've had the same luck :/ This is the only of our maps that isn't working :/

There 199 on

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Specialized in FeralHeart Maps,Presets,Objects,Mods,Markings,Textures and MORE.
Video Maker and more!

Thierry

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 09:13:13 pm »
If you already tried to delete your map and you still stuck, then the issue comes from server, there are no way you can unstuck your character from that map. Normally this is fixed when the server is restarted.

But if not... in the worst case you will need to change the seed (or the name) of your map (this will not unstuck your characters). Changing the seed of your map will only make your map to act like "another one" totally different. you will be able to get in the map but will be not the same, i mean you can not see or talk with people in the map with different name or seed.

Offline Nyte

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
    • Nyte's DeviantArt
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 12:03:14 am »
I'm having this same problem on a custom map as well.
I guess we'll have to wait it out.