Author Topic: Ficho Caverns Server Down?  (Read 2230 times)

Offline kongfuwolf12

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • real??y ?? ??e real ?on??er
    • View Profile
Ficho Caverns Server Down?
« on: July 28, 2012, 07:22:14 pm »
Just a few minutes ago, I logged onto my character which is in Ficho Caverns in FH+.
I got 'Failed to connect map server, retry?' I clicked cancel and tried many times, but it still didn't work.
Tried deleting the map from my fhmaps folder, that still didn't help either. So, should I reinstall FH+, or wait a while for the server to boot back up? I kind of don't know what do here.... me and my friends are having the same problem.
"Is it comfortable to know that your misery is someone else's joy? Don't think so."

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: Ficho Caverns Server Down?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 07:35:17 pm »
That's not the server down, otherwise you couldn't even log on. It's just the map probably; FeralHeart+ Tends to be very buggy, especially since FeralHeart got its update, which meant that FeralHeart+ doesn't have those new maps. Did You try using a different character? Don't forget, there is over 800 people online, probably that's the reason.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 07:38:45 pm by SilverTW »

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Specialized in FeralHeart Maps,Presets,Objects,Mods,Markings,Textures and MORE.
Video Maker and more!

Offline RawSyndicate

• Bagged Milk
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
  • OG Floofins
    • View Profile
    • DA: RawSyndicate
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 07:38:03 pm »
Ah, its FH+, it is very glitchy, and not many people use it, just because of that problem, i would suggest deleting FH+ and downloading it again. But its just the way FH+ is, it cannot really be solved, until the Mods or Kovu, fixes it^^. Sorry dear, hope this helpss

~Rawy

Offline kongfuwolf12

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • real??y ?? ??e real ?on??er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 09:35:19 pm »
Thanks. I might try to re-install it. (e.e All my friends keep asking me "Is Ficho Caverns up yet?! Is it?!" I'm like, "No, it isn't. Shut up, I'll tell you when it is. Geez..")
"Is it comfortable to know that your misery is someone else's joy? Don't think so."

Offline deemsss1234

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Idiocy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 08:57:44 pm »
I have the same problem. And re-installing and stuff dont work. I guess it is something the mods or something need to fix.
VirtualWorlds.Boards.Net
Game character based RP group

Thierry

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 09:26:07 pm »
reinstalling does not fix this.
Some random maps are having troubles to get in with "failed to connect to map server", the only thing you can do is to wait until the next server restart to get unstuck your character from that map.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 11:07:26 pm »
Sadly the dreaded "failed to connect to map server" message is a common issue on Feral Heart. I found that Feral Heart+ was more buggy and glitchy than the reqular Feral Heart when I used to use it. There was a time I entered this one map in FH+ with my fav character and could never get him back out because the game just wouldn't let me log back on into that specific map. While both FH & FH+ are known to have this problem I'd recommend you use the regular FH since it happens less often and the regular version has had more work done to it so it runs more smoothly. On the regular Feral Heart I only occasionally get the "failed to connect to map server" when I try to enter Flourite. After logging in a few times though I can usually gain access to that region again. Like the others said deleting and reinstalling the game doesn't really help with the problem since its just an unfortunate in game problem. Best thing you can do is just have patience and maybe avoid the highly populated spots of the Feral Heart realm. Good luck. Hopefully the problem will be fixed soon :)