Author Topic: Annoying mapmaking issue(s). >A>;  (Read 1946 times)

Offline XeekyXeek

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • Mystery-Amalgamate
    • View Profile
Annoying mapmaking issue(s). >A>;
« on: July 30, 2012, 03:09:16 am »
.:UPDATED POST:.

Okay, two problems here that I've tried to fix but have failed to do so.

The first of which is with a tunnel map that I'm working on as part of a map pack. Everything's fine except for the terrain. I can't seem to change it to the one I want without it going to another texture. I mean, the switch has happened twice, from a dark texture to a lighter stone texture, but it hasn't gone to the one I want. I have two other, IDENTICAL maps, same heightmap and all; they're taking the textures just fine. I don't know why it's being a jerk on this one. :c
Fixed this issue on my own; replaced the custom textures with default textures, problem fixed.

The second REAL problem is with destination placement. Now, I think this is more a glitch than anything but I don't know what to do about it. ;  ;
I have the coordinates set out in the tunnel map portal to it, and like with the tunnel map, I have two other maps identical to this one. Same size, same heightmap. For some reason, I ALWAYS end up in the corner of the map whenever I enter it from the tunnel, and I'm positive I have the correct coordinates, as well as no CODW portal. I had the problem before and I found the CODW portal, so I got rid of it but that didn't help. :c It doesn't make sense at all! Also, all the maps I'm speaking of in this post are connected through gates, in case I confuse/mislead more people. OTL

If anybody can help with/give advice on this, please do! ;A;
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 02:51:14 am by Aise »

CloudFish

Re: Annoying mapmaking issues. >A>;
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 03:04:39 pm »
For your first problem; seems its a problem with the mask you're using. May want to redo it. Generally happens when something's overlapping or the like.

Second problem; so you're using the exact same coordinates for the Cape Portal placement on multiple maps? To make sure its saving your changes; test it in map maker. You should be able to see the portal's placement by doing so.

Offline XeekyXeek

• Curious Wanderer
    • Mystery-Amalgamate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 06:50:41 pm »
For your first problem; seems its a problem with the mask you're using. May want to redo it. Generally happens when something's overlapping or the like.

Second problem; so you're using the exact same coordinates for the Cape Portal placement on multiple maps? To make sure its saving your changes; test it in map maker. You should be able to see the portal's placement by doing so.

Nonono
First off, I meant using the exact same coordinates in that I'm using gates to connect the maps. ;w; Sorry if I didn't make that clear... -edits post to say that-

And about the mask... I'm not even using a custom mask for the tunnel that's glitching terrain-wise fsdf
Every tunnel has the default mask, it doesn't need anything more than that, anyhow!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 07:15:06 pm by Aise »

CloudFish

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 09:57:51 pm »
Gate coordinates change based on the size of the maps. you may inadvertently be placing coordinates for a place the map can't reach to. will link to this just because i found it helpful, am not saying you wouldn't know how gates work.

and i'm afraid i'm still a bit confused. is it just a certain terrain that the map maker isn't loading correctly? am sorry for the difficulty, but i'm just not grasping what you're having issues with.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 10:18:32 pm by CloudFish »

Offline XeekyXeek

• Curious Wanderer
    • Mystery-Amalgamate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 11:28:00 pm »
Gate coordinates change based on the size of the maps. you may inadvertently be placing coordinates for a place the map can't reach to. will link to this just because i found it helpful, am not saying you wouldn't know how gates work.

and i'm afraid i'm still a bit confused. is it just a certain terrain that the map maker isn't loading correctly? am sorry for the difficulty, but i'm just not grasping what you're having issues with.

... I managed to get the CODW portal into the main/central map but it poofs me out at a weird place even though the portal's in the right place. .A. Aw well, gonna hafta deal with that little glitch. Got worse problems.

Well, see, recall how I said in the most that all the tunnels are identical to each other? Heightmap and all, I also meant identical by terrain texture too. The first two tunnels are handling that one terrain fine but that third tunnel is giving me problems and I have no clue why. I'm horrible at making things clear, I'm sorry for confusing you so much ;A;
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 11:29:46 pm by Aise »