Author Topic: Male & Female Character Distinction  (Read 19119 times)

Offline Nightfangy

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Male & Female Character Distinction
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2012, 03:32:45 am »
Yup great thought in the past when I was new to FH I had major gender confusion Ha Ha x3
I got an account reset, that's why my account looks a bit odd.

Offline safarirun123

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Sexy *_* _IWANNALIVEINLANDOFLOTRTABLEFLIP_
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2012, 10:03:15 pm »
What if we didn't like the color it gave us?
~             ~  * ~    Crystal   ~ * ~          ~

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2012, 10:09:39 pm »
What if we didn't like the color it gave us?
Yeah I did think of that since I know it may also seem a bit sexist right away to make girls pink or boys blue but it is such a conventionally used way of expressing those genders already that I didn't think there would be too much of a problem with that. Plus it just seems easier to me to just change the color rather than adding a symbol. If you don't like the color I'm really not too sure what other solution can be made maybe there could be a neutral option to in case people don't want to show their characters gender? Just share your ideas here :) I would love to hear more ideas pertaining to this subject.

Also big thank you all for supporting my idea.

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2012, 10:52:42 pm »
I think this is a brilliant idea. Too often people get confused with my characters' genders, it has started to get on my wick XD. Anyway, I think the colour identification is the best idea because that's pretty much a universal way of expressing gender. As for the manes...I don't really use manes very much so I can't comment on that.
A idea for realism with ought going too far could be a Sheath on the male lion and canine just not the other parts. Its not like a Sheath is anything bad many people even draw sheaths on there lions and canines for some realism.
I'm all for realism and think a sheath on the male animals wouldn't be a bad idea, but I can see people not approving of it, or taking it the wrong way unfortunately.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Pakhet

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
    • Forbbiden Lands forum - (c) CloudFish
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2012, 10:22:37 pm »
Defiantly more feminine manes. If the gender idea gets added, I'd like to see a neutral option. If you don't want to declare it to the world or the char is genderless. (It might offend those single-cell rpers. >D)

I agree with DoctorFlob. (Nice name, btw) Realisim's great and all that, but I think it'd start a new lewd trend.

Offline Alaskan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2012, 03:28:51 pm »
That's a really good idea. But looking at all those colors would be alot. And users can always add F or M in their name or just tell you what gender their character is. But it's still a great idea.

~~Alaskan~~

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2012, 06:47:57 pm »
Of course I know adding "M" or "F" is one way to indicate it but many of us have long names along with the initials of our groups in our names, or other words like pup, cub, kit, teen etc. Adding the color change is just an easier and more obvious way to indicate gender without having such a wordy names or cutting our characters actual name short to fit that. :) Thank you for supporting my idea guys.

Offline SingleLady

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Drawing? Pff... I'm born to draw Reagan/Tillie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2012, 07:59:38 pm »
I have some

If you Pick being a female you are a bit smaller and you can choose to have more mane options... Ikd wut kind
If ur male ur a bit bigger but you can still go smaller. the point is females cant go higher then males.
and for male more Manly hair does.... LIKE A MULIT! XD jk

Offline HowlStar

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2012, 09:13:10 pm »
I like this idea. You have no idea how many times I've said "he," or "she," only to have the person say, "I'm a girl/boy!" It's REALLY awkward when that happens o3o
ANYWAY. I also like the neutral idea, as some people have charas that don't have genders or don't want to have their chara's gender displayed. Maybe grey or white could be used for any neutrals. As for manes, there could be some that are a little longer than the ones we currently have for those who want more of a feminine look.
FORMERLY KNOWN AS LARKA

Offline angelre0702

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
  • Been here a while.
    • killingcve
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2012, 10:13:22 pm »
Yes. Yes. Yes. 3 Yes's from Karmandi is hard to get c: This idea is awesome. Period. ((Also agreeing with more manes since I AM female. ._.))